We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jack the Ripper Tour

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Jack the Ripper Tour

I've read that London Walks does the best JTR tour, I am in contact with them. Who else has done this with this outfit and was it fun?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
89 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jack the Ripper Tour

I went on this tour in May 07. Was very interesting. It was a big group so they split us in two.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,820 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jack the Ripper Tour

How can serial murder as entertainment not be fun?

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
675 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jack the Ripper Tour

I think I may take the London Walks JTR tour, if I can book one that Donald Rumbelow will be leading.

Speaking only for myself, I think the tour will be great fun. There's the adrenaline rush of being frightened. There's the thrill of dabbling in something that we know we're not supposed to, something that we know is forbidden. And then there is plain old curiosity. I don't see it as much different from watching a horror movie.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jack the Ripper Tour

Keep in mind the London Walks does not take bookings, you merely show up at the designated meeting place and pay. An entertaining alternative to Donald Rumbelow is Shaughan. I've taken a few of his walking tours, including the JTR, and he's a lot of fun!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
675 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jack the Ripper Tour

Thanks for the info, ntz4bbl!

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jack the Ripper Tour

Yes, big thanks for the info! I will be there with my 14yos, I'm trying to plan things he will enjoy, too.

Boston
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jack the Ripper Tour

It's tremendously good with Donald Rumbelow. He's entertaining, informative, and interesting no matter what your background, and even a certain forensic clinician has been happily surprised by how good the tour is ;0)

Enjoy!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jack the Ripper Tour

Donald is very good - I've done the walk twice with him. As noted the groups are very large and while he is very good he does describe in graphic detail what Jack did to his victims. Donald is the expert on Jack.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jack the Ripper Tour

Having done the Jack the Ripper tour on numerous occasions, there is one bizarre co-incidence that the tour guides never seem to dwell upon.

Have you noticed that all of the five victim's bodies where found in a pool of blood?

Well if I where a late 19th century prostitute working in the East End of London I would simply avoid hanging in or around the aforementioned 'pool of blood' thus lessening my chance of being murdered by this serial killer.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
675 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jack the Ripper Tour

henneth, That is a very good point! I'll remember that is I decide to become a late 19th century prostitute working in the East End of London.