We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals ???

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
12 posts
Save Topic
Sandals ???

I'll be in London next week. Do people still wear sandals this time of the year?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals ???

Yes, if it's warmish and not actually raining. We like to pretend it's still summer when it isn't ;) And actually the weather's quite unpredictable... if it's been sunny in the morning and started raining later (which happens quite often!) you see lots of people walking round in sandals in the rain. I've been wearing flipflops for the last few days because it's been nice and warm (well, by London standards anyway). Wear sandals if you want to - you'll see a huge range of different clothes and shoes being worn in London anyway, no one will look at you like you're mad! :)

Level Contributor
1,150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals ???

I was in London, at this time of the year, two years ago, and I wore sandals.

Weather permitting, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Perhaps our resident Londoners/Brits can better tell us...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals ???

if its cold wear socks that cash with the sandals...this is what some locals do...you have to have mismatching shorts and white hairy legs though to really pull this look off!!...god knows I keep trying ;o)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals ???

that should say clash not cash!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals ???

If you really want to blend in with the locals wear socks with your sandals. They must not be sports socks but the type of sock you would wear with normal shoes.

Alternatively wear shorts with normal shoes and socks. :-)

Sooner Nation
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals ???

Oh my word! Pinkfluffykitten, I see my dad made a big impression during his last trip!!! =)

We keep telling him you're not supposed to wear socks with your sandals, but he keeps insisting we're wrong!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals ???

ah you see I have my dad sorted in this respect, he will wear training shoes with his shorts so in that respect not too bad only the idiot wears sports socks with them...again thats ok but the idiot wears them pulled up to their max ie half way up his shins.....for gods sake men!!

mind you he most likely cant see what an utter idiot he looks like do to the fact he has eyebrow curtains!

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals ???

Monks wear sandals all year round.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals ???

If you are here next week, then bring them with you.

We're told that temperatures will be top 70s early next week & it could continue. Of course, you will bring comfy walking shoes.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals ???

Love the socks and sandals look. The extra I really loved was the hanky tied in knots around the scone (head) and the singlets as the main upper garment. Admittedtly this was in seaside areas in th U.K and on the beaches is Spain.