We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opinions please (My itinerary)

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
opinions please (My itinerary)

My sister and I will be in London June 15th - June 24th. I would love any and all feedback on my itinerary.

Monday 6/15

-Board overnight flight.

Tuesday 6/16

-Arrive at LHR at 8:40am

-Check into The Ashburn Hotel

-Kensington Palace

-Hyde Park

-Have tea at The Capital Hotel (has anyone had tea there? Looking for tea less then 20pounds per person but in a more "traditional" setting than The Orangery can offer)

-Walk through Harrods/ check out the food halls if we are up to it.

Wednesday 6/17

-City of London walk w/ London Walks

-Westminster Abbey

-Banqueting House

-Abbey Road

Thursday 6/18

-Tower of London

-St. Paul's

-Walk across Millennium bridge

-Southbank walk

-London Eye

Friday 6/19

-Hampton Court Palace

-Back to hotel to rest

-Leichster square for dinner/ night life (is this a good place for that?)

Saturday 6/20

-Portobella Road market 8am

-Back to hotel or park to rest

-Covent Garden

-China Town (have lunch there)

-Picadilly circus

-Oxford st. shopping (if up to it)

Sunday 6/21

-Spitalfields/ brick ln. (considering scratching this for lack of time)

-Camden Markets

-Speakers corner Hyde park/ maybe have a picnic there

-British Museum (I know they close at 5:30pm)

Monday 6/22

-Stonehenge, Bath, Windsor day trip with Even Evens

Tuesday 6/23

Leaving this day open

Wednesday 6/24

-Leave for home

So what do you think?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,719 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: opinions please (My itinerary)

What do I think?

I know nothing of Kensington Palace or afternoon tea,etc, so will leave that to others.

You seem to be 'front-loading' the itinerary Thursday looks busy, so I suspect you may flag after St Pauls. Be prepared to move some things to later in your trip.

If you mean dinner in Leicester Square on Friday, then I'd say walk through it by all means, but keep strolling through Cecil Court and onto Covent Garden for a far better choice of venue and fellow diners.

Enjoy.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: opinions please (My itinerary)

As peterscot pointed out, your Thursday might be a little busy - the Tower of London alone can take quite some time to visit in and of itself. But you've made yourself a free day, so you can push some things there (and a free day is always a good idea for that! And also means that you have room to move things around if there are weather issues, too).

You might want to move some other things around and head to the British Museum on Thursday or Friday when they're open late (until 10:30, I think?).

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: opinions please (My itinerary)

Umm....I'm not sure that your Friday night in Leicester Square is really a fun thing to do.

Do you like pubs? Or clubs? If you like pubs..then I would head off on a nice pub crawl that is quite well away from Leicester Square.

If you are looking for fun in the evening, then I would do a quintessential London pub crawl instead of staying in the Leicester Square area.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: opinions please (My itinerary)

No, I'm not into clubs but I wanted to something fun and lively to do Friday night. Can you recommend anything instead of Leicester square? Maybe a fun restaurant or pub?

As for the British Museum I had not planned on spending a lot of time there, maybe 2 hours so I thought I would have enough time. We will probably have to scratch Hyde park that day, which is no big deal.

Thanks, keep the suggestions coming!

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: opinions please (My itinerary)

Ok so I moved the British Museum to Friday to make more room on Sunday. Scratched Leicester square. Are there some fun restaurants or pubs around Bloomsbury

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: opinions please (My itinerary)

If your a foodie fan-Borough Market is a MUST.

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: opinions please (My itinerary)

While in Bloomsbury stroll over to Charlotte Street. One of the best streets in London. Lots of pubs and restaurants to choose from.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: opinions please (My itinerary)

I will definitely check out Charlotte street. Thanks!

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
867 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: opinions please (My itinerary)

If you're planning to go to the Southbank on Thursday, maybe you could include a visit to the lovely Borough Market (Friday is the best day to go there, though) and the Tate Gallery.

In Chinatown, I suggest the infamous Wong Kei Restaurant - it's quite an experience!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: opinions please (My itinerary)

Overall, IMHO I think you have a pretty good itinerary... You've grouped your activities into the same areas which is always a good idea.

Regarding the Spitalfields Market, I personally loved the market and the area surrounding it... (the old market was under construction when we were there and we only got to browse the newer parts... but it was still worth our while). It has a different feel to other parts of London.