We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar terminal to Euston station

birmingham
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Eurostar terminal to Euston station

Hello

Does anyone know how long it will take me to disembark eurostar train and get to Euston station

I am arriving back from Paris on the 19.34 and my train from Euston leaves at 20.23. Have I got enough time to travel from St Pancras to Euston.

Many thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurostar terminal to Euston station

Up to 10 mins to disembark and get from St P International to Kings Cross St Pancras or the front of the station, depending on where in the Eurostar you are, how busy it is, etc.

From there, you can walk (15 to 20 mins), get a bus (15 mins) or take the tube (10 mins, but escalators and stairs to negotiate).

london
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurostar terminal to Euston station

Got back yesterday at rush hour.

it took less than 10 minutes from eurostar to the underground station and one stop on the victoria line to Euston so total 20-25 mins

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurostar terminal to Euston station

I would walk it. It's a maximum of 600m and will take less than 10 minutes, even at a stroll. I used to walk from Kings Cross to Tottenham Court Road (roughly twice the distance) every day for work and it took no more than 15

Taking the tube, including travelling down into the tunnels, waiting for a train, travel time and then travelling back up to the station, is going to take you at least as long

Either way we've got plenty of time

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurostar terminal to Euston station

Note my distances/times are from station entrances, but it makes little odds - that's where the U/G entrances are situated anyway

London
Level Contributor
287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurostar terminal to Euston station

As long as your train arrives back in town on time, you can walk it at a nice easy pace - personally, I'd rather do that than faff about getting a tube ticket, getting to the tube etc. As has been said, you basically walk through the station, come out of the station onto the Euston Rd, turn right and Euston's 5-10 minutes up the road on your right hand side. It's a doddle.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurostar terminal to Euston station

Here's a map of the area and as you can see Euston and St Pancras are about 500m apart.

http://tinyurl.com/cv8kng

As the others have said, it's much quicker to walk between the 2 stations rather than the extra expense and time of getting buses and tubes. If your Eurostar is on time, you'll be at Euston by 8 pm if you walk.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eurostar terminal to Euston station

I always walk it. Saves waiting for buses and tubes, or if your anything like me; worrying that you'll get on the wrong one. You can't really go wrong on foot.

birmingham
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eurostar terminal to Euston station

Thank you for the answers. I plan to walk now if the eurostar gets back on time.

Does anyone know if eurostar is late do they pay compensation?

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eurostar terminal to Euston station

I would be astonished if they did.

London
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Eurostar terminal to Euston station

Well...a few months ago we had a long delay (three hours) on the way to Paris and as compensation we've another return trip!