We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Hotel recomendation

8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Easter Hotel recomendation

Hi all,

Myself and my girlfriend are looking to spend three days in London over Easter weekend. Arriving on the Friday and leaving Monday.

We're looking for somewhere as a base to look round the usual places in the city.

She's been hunting around on the internet but has got nowhere. I've done some digging on here but would appreciate any advice.

We're both 30 and would be looking to get around the £200 mark.

It has been suggested about staying slighty out of the centre and using the tube to get around, any ideas would be great!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,306 Reviews
from US$127.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
479 Reviews
from US$105.90*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,099 Reviews
from US$135.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
468 Reviews
from US$336.30*
London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Hotel recomendation

£200 per night, or for the total stay? Is that to include breakfast?

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Hotel recomendation

£200 for the whole weekend and it wouldn't be a problem if it didn't include breakfast.

Just looking for a good base really

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,084 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Hotel recomendation

You'll need to book fairly sharpish for Easter weekend I should think.

Try one of the modest bed and breakfast hotels near King's Cross. Consider the Euro Hotel on Cartwright Gardens, the Alhambra, Montana Excel, Meridiana, Jesmond Dene, California or Crestfield, all within a two or three minute walk from the station. They're not fancy, but will offer decent accommodation at a reasonable rate.

The Wardonia, also near KX, has very small rooms (they are tiny, but all are ensuite) and does not offer breakfast; it's also worth a look.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter Hotel recomendation

Have you tried ebay like this?

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter Hotel recomendation

Have a look on www.hoteldirect.com and www.lastmin.com.

6. Re: Easter Hotel recomendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 01:16