We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in oxford street area

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
132 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
hotel in oxford street area

Hi guys,

We are stopping for one night in London on our way to Antigua (Honeymoon :) ), and we want to stay in a central area, in order to see as much as possible during our 1 day stop.

So we were told to choose Oxford street area. In consequence, we need some advice regarding the hotels to stay in, so please, can you give me some pointers in this direction?

So far I found as quite good value vs. price: Mandeville and Hyatt Regency.

The price range is up to 300 eur (270 pounds).

Thanks a lot!

Catalina

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Oxford Street
Oxford Street
4,222 Reviews
London, UK
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in oxford street area

The Sanderson Hotel is off Oxford St - could just squeeze into your budget.

www.sandersonlondon.com

Mentioned in this post
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
London
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in oxford street area

Try the Thistle Marble Arch or the Guoman Cumberland hotel - both on Oxford Street.

Mentioned in this post
Oxford Street
Oxford Street
4,222 Reviews
London, UK
Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in oxford street area

I would also check The Sumner, Radisson Edwardian Berkshire and Radisson Edwardian Sussex.

Mentioned in this post
Berkshire
Berkshire
England, UK
Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in oxford street area

Have stayed in the Thistle hotel,beside Selfridges before. Great location.

Mentioned in this post
Selfridges
Selfridges
1,636 Reviews
London, UK
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,885 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel in oxford street area

With your budget you can do a lot better than the Thistle Marble Arch or The Cumberland or indeed either of the Radisson's. The location might be fine but there are far nicer hotels around including the two you mention.

Of those two I think the Mandeville might be nicer for a honeymoon being more intimate. The Sanderson is certainly worth considering although some might think it too hip. Others that have character and could be within budget include the Marriott Park Lane right by Marble Arch tube, Hazlitts, a genuinely old building and The Courthouse which used to be a...Courthouse!

Mentioned in this post
Park Lane
Park Lane
83 Reviews
London, UK
Marble Arch
Marble Arch
499 Reviews
London, UK
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
494 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel in oxford street area

As a couple of others have mentioned, I'd go for the Cumberland for price/location.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel in oxford street area

If you're interested, my review of The Mandeville has posted + pictures. For the type of trip you're planning, I think it would be ideal. Be forewarned: the room is a bit of a cocoon so you may be tempted to stay in the entire time and possibly even cancel Antigua.

8. Re: hotel in oxford street area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 15:20