We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays in May/london to madrid

New York
Level Contributor
860 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Holidays in May/london to madrid

experts could you please let me know other than May 1st & May4th are their any additional holidays in may. Is everything closed on these dates, museums stores, etc? I had also planned a visit to the antique market Portbello.

Any suggestion on the airline/airport to travel from london to Madrid?

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,196 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays in May/london to madrid

04 and 25 May are both Bank Holidays in England. Banks will be closed but sights and attractions will be open as will shops, restos and cafes. If the weather is good, visitors will be on the move in London and beyond, so if you'll be in the city early in May be prepared for the potentiality of crowds.

The last week of May is half term for a number of schools in England, so again there may be a fair number of people visiting London if the weather behaves.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
640 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays in May/london to madrid

EasyJet is always a good option between London and Madrid, but my daughter who lives in Madrid is joining me in London in June and she got a great deal from Iberia, so I'd check them as well.

She's flying into Heathrow on Iberia,

Two GREAT cities!

New York
Level Contributor
860 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays in May/london to madrid

Could you clarify are the museums open on May 1sy & may 4th which is a Monday. thanks

4. Re: Holidays in May/london to madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 05:25