We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toilet facilities on the tube

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Romania
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Toilet facilities on the tube

I have found this map tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/toilets-map.pdf indicating the toilet facilities one can find on the tube.

My question is: this toilets r located inside the tube station (i mean u need to use a tube ticket to get inside) or outside the tube station and they r attended by somebody or do they work with coins?

Thank you

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,876 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toilet facilities on the tube

If you look at the key to symbols on that map, it tells you which toilets are located inside the ticket gate (red man, woman or wheelchair), and which are outside the ticket gate (black man, woman or wheelchair).

Romania
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toilet facilities on the tube

Upss... sorry.

But can u also tell me if the toilets r attended or they work with coins?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,835 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toilet facilities on the tube

Some are free and some (such as the one at Baker Street) charge a fee. If you need a toilet in a hurry then you can always nip into a pub or a McDonalds although it would be polite to offer to buy a drink in the former.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toilet facilities on the tube

... and the latter.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toilet facilities on the tube

When I first read the title, I thought God, I hope this person doesn't think there are toilets on the train itself!!! It only smells that way sometimes. =)

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
192 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toilet facilities on the tube

ALthough the toilets at Baker Street Tube are now FREE. (There was a charge for the gents toilet to pay for an attendent, but the money raised wasn't enough).

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,835 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toilet facilities on the tube

Thanks for the info about the Baker Street gents Stig. That news has cheered me up considerably!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toilet facilities on the tube

I didn't mind spending 20p to 'spend a penny' in London :-) At least the loos at Victoria station were clean (and smelled clean), unlike the ladies loo at Sydney Central Station .... ugh, the sights one comes across in there ... it's not pretty :-( Our loos are free, but if there was a charge, at least they might actually be clean and not covered in grafitti.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toilet facilities on the tube

I agree with Marmalade and prefer spending 20p 0r 30p to have cleaner loo. It goes towards maintaining good service.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toilet facilities on the tube

Is Starbucks in London.....in the USA they have toilets...I dont have any problems just walking in to use the bathrooms as I spend enough money there when I dont use the bathroom.