We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stonehenge cost of english heritage inner cirlce

Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Topic
stonehenge cost of english heritage inner cirlce

I am trying to figure out how much it cost to get access to actually be able to be close to the rocks at Stonehenge. Has anyone gone through the english heritage site to go in during the off hours and be granted this access. I can't find any where on the site that tells this price...only general admission.

If anyone has done this I would love to know how much it cost and what they thought of the experience. Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,300 Reviews
from US$126.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
477 Reviews
from US$105.40*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,098 Reviews
from US$134.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
468 Reviews
from US$334.60*
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
7,376 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stonehenge cost of english heritage inner cirlce

Hi Islandbound. Having 'done' Stonehenge special access rather too many times (and still willing to go back for more!), it is pretty easy to do via the English Heritage website. I think you just happened to miss the link!

On the English Heritage / Stonehenge website, on the left hand side is a lime-green banner which says 'special access' or something similar. Clicking on that will take you to this page:

This gives you general info about special access. On the left hand side of THIS page is another green banner, and clicking on that will give you the dates and times of special access.

Back on the page I gave you above, in the lower middle of that page is a link to the application form for special access which you will need to complete. However... do phone or email your dates first to see if they do have any availability as it's very popular.

It should be about £12 for special access - about double the ordinary gate price. However, you can always arrive early (evening) or stay late (morning) and go around Stonehenge again with the audio guide when it's open to the general public. You wouldn't have to pay again.

If you want more info, just search on my name and Stonehenge - you'll find I've written loads over the years!

Just one thing - if you do do special access and you're not going with a tour eg Anderson Tours, you will need your own transport to get there.

Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stonehenge cost of english heritage inner cirlce

Here's some up to date information on Stone Circle access (current price for adults is £13.70) - all the details you need on the page below. Have a great trip.

3. Re: stonehenge cost of english heritage inner cirlce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 20:16