We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

Can I get to St. Pancras from Heathrow quite easily?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

Piccadilly line tube runs direct from Heathrow to Kings Cross / St. Pancras approx every 3 minutes. Journey time 1hr, cost for paper ticket £4.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

Yes,couldn't be easier.Take the Piccadilly line tube to King's Cross station and St.Pancras is next door.

Alta, Norway
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

Take the Piccadilly line (tube) directly to King's Cross. St Pancras is right next door.

London, UK
Level Contributor
157 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

If for any reason you don't want to take the tube, then Dot 2 Dot (www.dot2.com) also has a shuttle service between Heathrow and Kings Cross station, which is right next door to St Pancras. The tube though is certainly cheaper and probably faster.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,328 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

Personally I wouldn't bother getting the Eurostar if flying to LHR. I'd just get a flight from LHR to Paris - saves you the hassle of UK immigration, collecting luggage & getting into central London which will easily take 2 hours from your landing time.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

Agree with Alanrow. Plus, if your flight is delayed, you might miss your Eurostar train, and have to pay on the spot for an expensive new train ticket (if your original Eurostar fare was the cheap nonrefundable kind). I love taking Eurostar, but I think it only makes sense if you're planning to spend time in central London on the front end of your trip.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

I think I will take a flight to Paris--would be easier. Many thanks for replys.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,370 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

The downsides of flying from LHR to CDG are two, even if one starts from LHR.

Having to deal with CDG itself is a headache - others' views may vary, but I find it a bear of an airport - plus the RER journey from the airport to the Gare du Nord can take up to 50 minutes.

It does save the time and energy of getting from LHR to King's Cross, although that really is just a matter of getting on the Tube train, sitting down and watching west London go by.

So an argument could be made for both flying and taking Eurostar; fares could be a matter of interest as well. But Janet, if you've already booked Eurostar tickets, then the journey to KX for St Pancras is very easy. Sit towards the rear of the train as that's nearest the way out at KX. There is an escalator up from the train platform to the ticket hall, then the walk to St Pancras is well marked.

If you choose to fly, BA have fares from £45 single (one way) all inclusive, departing from Terminal 5; BMI fares are comparable, with departures from T1.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

"The downsides of flying from LHR to CDG are two, even if one starts from LHR ... "

There is one BIG upside though, if you buy a through ticket, then any delays and its their responsibility and you'll be put on a sunsequent flight. If you buy a Eurostar ticket and there are delays and as a result you miss the train, you are out the cost of the train ticket PLUS you have to buy a new very expensive return ticket (as its on the day).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I get from Heathrow to St. Pancras for Eurostar?

It seems that every flight I have taken recently has either been delayed or cancelled! So I think it might be too risky to go with the eurostar. in fact, i might fly from Calgary to Frankfurt and catch connecting flight to Orly. Thank you for weighing the options.