We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a parking space near Trafalgar Square on weekend

Manchester
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a parking space near Trafalgar Square on weekend

We're planning for a day trip to London from Manchester by car next weekend. Just wondering if there is a parking space near Trafalgar Square, I can pay for a full day even if we're only stopping for less than half a day. Any suggestion/s will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
192 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a parking space near Trafalgar Square on weekend

There is a Westminster council run car park which you can pay by the hour BUT wow it isn't cheap.

www.westminster.gov.uk/carparks/trafalgar.cfm

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,445 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a parking space near Trafalgar Square on weekend

There are several NCP car parks in the Covent Garden area. The best way to find them is to look at the google map for the area and search for car parks.

Once you get there it will help enormously if you have sat nav as sometimes they can be difficult to find.

There are meters in John Adam Street which you can sometimes be lucky with at the weekend.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,614 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a parking space near Trafalgar Square on weekend

westminster.gov.uk/carparks/trafalgar.cfmhtt…

There is one more alternative, but it's a long-ish walk or a bus ride from Trafalgar Square. But with over 600 spaces, the car park at Park Lane may be worth a go just to avoid having to deal with traffic to get to the others.

www.westminster.gov.uk/carparks/park_lane.cfm

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a parking space near Trafalgar Square on weekend

There is a NCP car park in the SW corner of Trafalagar Square. It won't be cheap, but it will be cheaper than being fined, clamped and perhaps towed away.

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a parking space near Trafalgar Square on weekend

An alternative to taking the car into Central London at all is to park in Edgware, which is N.W. London, and then take the tube - Northern Line into the centre. Edgware tube station is about 2 miles from J4 of M1.

There is a car park available at the Broadwalk shopping centre where I believe a days parking is about £10.00.

There is some on street parking about 10 mins walk away, and if interested please message me and I will give you exact directions from J4 of M1. I live in this area and know it well.

Manchester
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a parking space near Trafalgar Square on weekend

Thank you very much for all the replies. I now have the idea where to park on my visit to London. Much appreciated.

7. Re: Looking for a parking space near Trafalgar Square on weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 06:20