We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good website for posting pictures?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Debary
Level Contributor
977 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Good website for posting pictures?

I've viewed others' on this forum, but when I tried a search, couldn't come up with anything. I'd like to post our trip pix for our family/friends (and you Talfers, of course), and am hoping for something relatively easy for a digital moron like myself!

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good website for posting pictures?

www.imagestation.com, run by sony but free!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Good website for posting pictures?

www.pixagogo.com is good. Costs about 30 GBP a year but there are no banners, adverts etc... and your guests don't have to log in every time they want to see your pictures (good for older relatives!).

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,208 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Good website for posting pictures?

Flahagan, please tell me you don't work full time, or I will fall under my desk in a melting pile of inadequacy...

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Good website for posting pictures?

Flahagan, I'm guessing that you don't do 1,600 photos, like I do. Please tell me you only had 10 rolls of film (24s, not 36)...

Debary
Level Contributor
977 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Good website for posting pictures?

Jenazz and Britfan - you two have me laughing out loud!

I DON'T work full-time, so you don't have to melt. I'm a per diem physical therapist in home health, and usually work 3 days a week. Unfortunately, I get no benefits, so no paid vacation. And when I'm going to be off, I have to cut back on the patient load for a week or so before, then it takes me several weeks to build it back up. In fact, this is a normally slow time for us, and I haven't gotten any work yet - hopefully next week.

I only took my tiny digital camera with me, and took about 120 shots, so definitely not a photo overload!

I'll let you know when they're up and running.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Good website for posting pictures?

What a relief! A rank amateur . . . 120 photos <scoff>

Don't you hate having to work twice as hard for weeks on end before the trip, to cover all the details while you're gone, then having to make it all up again when you return? Bah. I'm really looking forward to retirement, but I expect I'll have even less money then. My photo budget will only cover 120 pix instead of 1600, no doubt. :)

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,208 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Good website for posting pictures?

My all-time worst was 21 rolls in Alaska ***blush***

However, I bought a nice new digital for this trip, and ended up with about 286 keepers, including movie shots. Yay!

Debary
Level Contributor
977 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Good website for posting pictures?

We just had to buy a new piece of furniture last month to hold all of our travel albums! And that's not including the multitude of family ones! I know people are going to the discs and other high-tech methods, but there's just something about pulling out your prints every once in a while and remembering. At least I can look at them during a power failure or a computer crash!

London
Level Contributor
561 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Good website for posting pictures?

I'd recommend http://www.fotopic.net

You get 250 megabytes of space free - and a great showcase for your snaps.

Mine are at http://markpercy.fotopic.net

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Good website for posting pictures?

Helking, I wonder how this is meant to be pronounced, or if it's intended to be deliberately dual-meaning. www.imagestation.com.

When I first saw it I thought it was a play on the words imagination and gestation, suggesting creativity. Just now it jumped out at me as image station. Quite different! Like those black and white images where all you can see is the vase, then all of a sudden it changes to faces.