We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
318 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

Thanks for everyone's recs on where to stay and touristy stuff. I really appreciate it.

Now, onto food!

My husband and I are vegetarian, however, we love and eat seafood.

Any recs on places to eat that are good? We do not want anywhere extremely upscale, as since I dress up every day for work, I don't really want to dress up nightly on vacation, however, I understand most places in London do not want jeans at night. Thus, I plan on bringing a black dress, black dress pants, nicer shirts, boots, etc.

Thanks in advance! :).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
560 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

There are many vegetarian restaurants in London. The following website lists some.

www.happycow.net/europe/england/london/

I like Food For Thought on Neal Street in Covent Garden for lunch. It's very casual.

Wagamama is a casual Japanese Restaurant chain with good vegetarian options. It's not a sushi restaurant. Go here for info.

http://www.wagamama.com/locations/home/

Many Chinese, Indian, Japanese, and Italian restaurants also have vegetarian options.

Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
318 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help! :).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

I thought vegetarians only ate vegetables .... if you eat seafood, wouldn't that mean you aren't vegetarian? :-) I presume you mean you don't eat red meat, chicken, pork etc but do eat fish/shellfish. But, I'd presume most restaurants would have vegetarian options (certainly all the menus I've looked at do).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
560 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

You're welcome lawgirlMI. Enjoy your visit to London. I'll be there in early June and am looking forward to my visit.

London
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

There is no need to dress up at night unless you are going to an upscale restaurant - you will be fine in jeans and a t-shirt if you find you don't have time to change. You can wear jeans/t-shirts even for the theatre if you want.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

Vegetarian restaurants

timeout.com/london/…london-

s_best_restaurants_for_vegetarian_food.html

Tibits = just opened on Geddon St

Mildreds = classic

Blah Blah Blah in Shephards Bush -

Saf

Manna - Primrose Hill

Mildred's - Soho

Vanilla Black - Chancery Lane

Neal's Yard Salad Bar, which serves Brazilian-inspired vegetarian and vegan food.

SAGAR

17A Percy Street, London W1T 1DU

Tel: 020 7631 3319 (Tube: Goodge Street, Tottenham Court Road)

EAT AND TWO VEG

50 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 5HN

Tel: 020 7258 8595 (tube: Baker Street)

http://www.eatandtwoveg.com/eatv.php

PULSE

London Bridge (South Side -nr Tooley Street)

(Tube: London Bridge)

www.pulsefoodislife.com

Diwana, Ravi Shanker, Chutney's all on Drummond Street near Euston station are budget priced Indian vegetarian restaurants.

Restaurant good for sea food is Le Ponte de la Tour near Tower Bridge. This is expensive restaurant but they do good deal in their Grill restaurant which has good view of Tower bridge and Thames too with piano in background.

You do not have to dress up at any restaurant unless you want to..

Like previous posts have said, Most restaurants do offer a good vegetaraian option

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

LawgirlMI, check out www.veggiedining.co.uk for my and my other veggie friends suggestions on vegetarian friendly restaurants, including prices and locations.

Unfortunately this website does not show restaurants which offer seafood, but as the restaurants are not exclusively veg, i'm sure they will have fish options (I know mango tree does as my boyfriend eats fish and loves it there).... but there are also some great sushi restaurants in london for you to try.

You can get away with jeans, as long as it is a smart pair. But the weather is getting warmer - so personally would recommend you bring a range of outfits so you're not too hot, but have jeans should it rain (more than likely).

Hope this helps...

Auckland
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

www.toptable.com is probably the best site to browse for restaurants. I noticed that most links provided in the forum are for vegetarians and given you eat seafood, it gives you more choices. If you are looking for Halal or Kosher products, you will be able to search for these on the website. You can also see the dress code requirements. Jeans are fine for most restaurants.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

Istu (Wardour Street) and Yo! Sushi (Poland Street) are quite nice for seafood and for vegetarian choices. Itsu is a bit smarter (but you don't need to dress up) and the quality is that bit better than in Yo, but the choices of dish aren't quite so varied. I mention the Yo branch on Poland Street in particular because it's very busy with a high turnover, so the food on the belts is very fresh. The quieter branches (Rupert Street and Tottenham Court Rd for example) aren't quite as good. There are a few meat options but you'll spot those easily enough. Both places are easy on the wallet too, as long as you don't go mad.

Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
318 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More Assistance Needed--This Time, Food! :)

Thanks again, everyone!

And I guess techically, I am a Pescatarian, however, that is a form of vegetarian, so I just say vegetarian because most people have no clue what a Pescatarian is, LOL! :).