We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B & B or reasonably priced hotel in Southgate, London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal,Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Topic
B & B or reasonably priced hotel in Southgate, London

I am visiting friends who live close to Bounds Green on the Picadilly line. I am looking for a place to stay that doesn't have more than a half travelling.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I have been on the internet searching and searching but it is difficult when you don't know the area.

Thanks

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B & B or reasonably priced hotel in Southgate, London

The Bay Tree B&B is a short walk from Arnos Green tube, one stop up from Bounds Green on the Piccadilly line. I haven't stayed there but it has been number one on the TA B&B list for as long as I can remember and 217 out of 222 reviews rate it as a 5 star experience.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d489844…

If you need somewhere more central (and it's not clear from the end of your opening paragraph as to how far away you actually need to be be) then there are scores of small hotels in and around Kings Cross, 7 stops from Bounds Green and on the northern edge of tourist London. Not the most beautiful area but good value as long as you check the reviews beforehand as some hotels are little more than doss houses whilst a place next door might be well worth considering.

Montreal,Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: B & B or reasonably priced hotel in Southgate, London

Thanks! I have contacted them. Unfortunately, no room at the inn.

Montreal,Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: B & B or reasonably priced hotel in Southgate, London

I have made a reservation at the Premier Hotel Kings Cross. What do you think?

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B & B or reasonably priced hotel in Southgate, London

I was born and bred and brought up very close to Bounds Green and I always wish there was more decent accomodation in that area for my trips home. I have looked up some reviews of the Premier travel Inn and they all read well. Plenty of tube trains to get you to and from Kings Cross in a short time from Bounds Green Station.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B & B or reasonably priced hotel in Southgate, London

"I have made a reservation at the Premier Hotel Kings Cross. What do you think?"

Decent choice of hotel. You are a couple of minutes walk from Kings Cross tube so both Bounds Green and central London are close.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B & B or reasonably priced hotel in Southgate, London

Adam is the Premier Hotel the same as the premier travel inn. I am assuming it is. BTW are there any London meets in the pipline for June please.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B & B or reasonably priced hotel in Southgate, London

I was assuming so Naej.

As for June meets I will bump up the thread that Emmagene started last week.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k27907…

8. Re: B & B or reasonably priced hotel in Southgate, London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2009, 08:29