We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most romantic place

texas
1 post
Save Topic
most romantic place

I was thinking of proposing to my girlfriend on our trip to London. I was wondering if anyone had any places that would fit the moment well?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: most romantic place

yes take her to the airport and get on a plane to nyc and go to central park or something....

sorry just trying to think of somewhere romantic in london....is this for a proposal? I think people tend to propose on the london eye but there are people around etc unless you booked a whole capsule, look at the website you can get one with champagne etc.

if it is a proposal then what about next to the statue of eros at piccadilly

this is what eros was all about

in Greek religion and mythology, god of love. He was the personification of love in all its manifestations, including physical passion at its strongest, tender, romantic love, and playful, sportive love. According to some legends he was one of the oldest of the gods, born from Chaos and personifying creative power and harmony. In most legends he was the son of Aphrodite and Ares and was represented as a winged youth armed with bow and arrows

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: most romantic place

ps if it is that then make sure you find something with a meaning behind it and not a random moment. I would personally like a proposal by eros or something on a trip to london if I was from the states etc...

dont do what my husband did and totally missed fireworks and celebrations at midnight 1999/2000 and do it instead in the bathroom where I was having a bath complete with freen face pack and the flu....never forgiven him for not letting me have a romantic magical moment, hard faced cow that I am!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,276 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: most romantic place

There is a statue of Eros - the Pagan God of Love in Kew Gardens. Or walk down towards the end of the gardens where it is quieter. I think Kew is lovely, I think it is romantic (but maybe others don't!!)

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,276 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: most romantic place

Sorry - there isn't a statue of Eros in Kew (reconstructive memories!!) but it is romantic anyhow!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: most romantic place

If you go up Tower Bridge that might be a good spot. Or you could book table at the Oxo Tower for Lunch/dinner and propose there. http://www.oxotower.co.uk/

London
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: most romantic place

How about in front of Buckingham Palace, or on the lake bridges in either St.James's or Hyde Park, or in front of a romantic painting at the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square (this would be my choice! see website), or on top of a London Bus, under the clock at Waterloo Station, on one of the Thames bridges, at the top of St.Paul's cathedral. Let us know how you get on!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,601 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: most romantic place

It's so crowded under the statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus that you could end up engaged to about a thousand people!

The bridge in St James Park is a lovely outdoor choice. Otherwise over a romantic meal or tea at somewhere like The Ritt.

Good luck wherever you decide.

London
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: most romantic place

If you can't find The Ritt try The Ritz (sorry adamhornets I just couldn't resist it). Or what about tha American bar at The Savoy??

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,601 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: most romantic place

Thanks MC, remind me to sack that typist!

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: most romantic place

I agree with the bridge in St James's park, that would be really nice. Don't do the London Eye that's too cheesy (no offence to anyone that's done it). What about inside Westminster Abbey? The Abbey is beautiful, I'd love it, now I've just got to get my partner of 7 years to ask me! :0)