We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London accommodations

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pdq
Hamden, Connecticut
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
London accommodations

Which location is better for hotel accommodations:Nottin Hill Gate, Kensington or Knightbridge?

My husband and I are going to be in London for two days in February. We are looking for the best hotel location in London for an easy access to the most famous sights as we will not have much time.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,881 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London accommodations

This is a tough call, as all three areas are pretty central, but Knightsbridge moreso than the others - Kensington runs a close second.

Will you and Mr pdq be amenable to using the buses or tube to get around? If so, then you'll be fine in any of the three neighbourhoods. I prefer Kensington, but that's purely personal, not because it's 'better' than the others. Knightsbridge is a bit pricey, but for two days, why not splurge?

Which hotels are you thinking about?

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London accommodations

pdq: Which famous sights were you planning to see? The locations you mentioned are all accessible by tube and/or bus to all parts of London. If you really want to be close to the London Eye, Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, you might check out Marriott County Hall. Kensington is good for the Victoria & Albert Museum, the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum, and Knightsbridge is good for Harrods, Harvey Nichols and lots of designer shopping.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London accommodations

They're all so close, and transport so good (bus, tube or taxi) that it doesn't matter; the hotel should determine your stay; check out The official London tourist Board site 'Visitlondon' at visitlondon.com for a good accom. service; enjoy