We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Pubs near Crowne Plaza London-Kensington?

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
933 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Pubs near Crowne Plaza London-Kensington?

I will be staying at Crowne Plaza Kensington for week of June 15 for business....can anyone recommend some pubs in walking distance? Not looking for fancy, just good beer and maybe some pub food.

Thanks in advance for any assistance....

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Pubs near Crowne Plaza London-Kensington?

You have the Hoop and Troy on Thurloe Place and the Zetland Arms on Bute street, both within about 5 minutes walk. The Hoop does very good beer and decent food, but as with anywhere in that area it can get a bit busy with tourists, but I suppose that won't trouble you!

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
933 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Pubs near Crowne Plaza London-Kensington?

Thank you for the recommendations....will be sure and try them.

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Pubs near Crowne Plaza London-Kensington?

anglsea arms is farilt close and highly recommended

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Pubs near Crowne Plaza London-Kensington?

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any good family friendly restuarants in this area?

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Pubs near Crowne Plaza London-Kensington?

Carluccio's Caffe (Italian deli cafe/restaurant) on the corner of Old Brompton Rd and Onslow Square, Tootsie's Grill (family friendly American grill / burgers and ribs) at 107 Old Brompton Rd, or Spago (Italian pizzas) on Glendower Place.

If they are adventurous and want to try sushi then you can try Kulu Kulu on the corner of Thurloe Place. I rate it and I've seen kids in there on some visits. It's also cheaper than Yo or Itsu so it won't break the bank.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Pubs near Crowne Plaza London-Kensington?

If that's the new Crowne Plaza (formerly HI Kensington) on Cromwell Road, there are a handful of restos and cafes clustered around Gloucester Road station.

There is a branch of Paul - very nice French sweet and savoury goods - as well as Pizza Organic, something called Byron - 'Proper Hamburgers', a branch of Pret, some of the usual fast food suspects, and inside Gloucester Arcade a branch of ASK.

Further along Gloucester Road is the very nice Caffe Forum; across the road is a chip shop which I've been told is iffy by a handful of people, so I've not gone in.

Another nice pub not too far from the hotel is the Queen's Arms on Queen's Gate Mews, about a ten minute walk from the hotel.

7. Re: Recommended Pubs near Crowne Plaza London-Kensington?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2009, 07:32