We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LHR Hotel with Baby

NC
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
LHR Hotel with Baby

We are stopping over for one night in London next month to break up a long journey. We'll have our fifteen-month old son with us and we are having trouble finding a hotel near to LHR that can accomodate. All the usual websites say that our little family exceeds the max number of guests allowed in a room - even though we are specifying our son's age as 1!

Any ideas? We don't want to travel into the city - we'd rather stay very near the airport and make the most of the opportunity for rest!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,730 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LHR Hotel with Baby

The Sofitel at terminal 5 has rooms (suites) that have a sofabed suitable for a child

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,556 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LHR Hotel with Baby

There are a number of Heathrow hotels, but the one which will suit your needs depends on a number of parameters.

With which airline(s) are you flying? At what time of day does your first flight arrive and the second depart? Are you staying over on a weekend night or during the week; there are often bargains to be had at a number of airport hotels at weekends, as business travel is down at that time.

Please do let us know when, where and with whom you're flying so we can suggest a hotel that will offer good value for all three of you.

NC
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LHR Hotel with Baby

Flying on American, will arrive late afternoon and depart midday next day, during the week. Just stopping for a rest and to break up what would otherwise be a terribly long time in the air.

Two adults, one 15-month old baby. Not sure I'd have him sleep in a sofabed by himself! He can sleep with us if necessary, but it would be nice to have a crib.

Thank you!

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,730 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LHR Hotel with Baby

The Hilton at terminal 4 also claims to have family rooms

I have used both these hotels (Sofitel and Hilton ) both places are fine but the basic rooms are small and I do not think you could fit a cot in

Mentioned in this post
Hilton
Hilton
Derbyshire, UK
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,556 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LHR Hotel with Baby

The Sofitel is within walking distance of Terminal 5: good for filghts with BA but not exceptionally useful for flights with other airlines. The Hilton is attached to T4, with the same caveat in place: it's not a bad choice if you're flying from T4 but if you need to depart from T1 it's a bit of a pain to make your way to the hotel and back again.

The Renaissance isn't a bad hotel, and the Sheraton Skyline isn't a bad choice either. Do remember that you'll have to travel to and from the hotel either by Heathrow Hoppa, taxi or avail yourselves of the free local bus service within about a mile of the terminal buildings.

londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_hotels.htm

Mentioned in this post
Hilton
Hilton
Derbyshire, UK
London UK
Level Contributor
405 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LHR Hotel with Baby

Any Heathrow hotel will give you a cot for the babe, it's really not an issue - go for the best deal you can get.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,996 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LHR Hotel with Baby

Just like to reconfirm that you are flying out of Heathrow on American as well as in?

There are no hotels within walking distance of Terminals 1, 2 & 3 so you should, as TP says above, use the link she posted to see what is available within a bus ride away. The Crowne Plaza and the Renaissance are arguably the best hotels but if budget is important then maybe have a look at the two Premier Inns, one on the Bath Road and the other near Junction 4 of the M4.

NC
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LHR Hotel with Baby

Thanks to all who have responded. I am going to call the hotels directly tonight. Their websites are very tricky - when I enter that I have two adults and one child, several of the hotels mentioned say they have no rooms that can accomodate that number of guests - even on ones where I specify his age as 1.

I did call two yesterday - one can provide a cot at a cost of £40 (!) and the other said they have none.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LHR Hotel with Baby

Given the organisational effort you will have lugging your babe across the pond etc, I suggest you consider looking at one of the better independent hotels that are within a ahort taxi ride of the airport, namely the Pinewood.

It has a large lawn garden so your smallster can stretch their legs in your sight whilst you sit on the terrace enjoying a drink before dinner. As a small hotel, they are friendly & keen to please. They have a wood burning pizza oven on site & so dinner need not be a plush affair. Also, happy to cook gluten free food apart from other dishes.

The Pinewood is a 5 minute cab ride to the Bath Road which is where many of the Heathrow hotels are located, so the logistical extras are not onerous - just leave a little earlier for the airport.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g190742-d585329…

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,996 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LHR Hotel with Baby

Hotels are certainly not going to charge for your little one so don't enter him on any booking forms. That way you can get an idea of rates and what is available.

Then maybe follow up with a call or an e-mail to customer services explaining your requirements. Generally speaking the budget chains would be less likely to be able supply a cot...or crib as I think you call them.