We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in London

We will be in London for one week in September. Looking for a hotel in an area like the Upper West Side in Manhattan near a tube station. An apartment would also be great. Thanks.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,323 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in London

"an area like the Upper West Side in Manhattan"

I'm sorry, I've never been to Manhattan... can you explain what sort of area you mean? Is it quite an expensive and upmarket area you're after, or fun and buzzy, mid priced, or budget? It will be helpful if you tell us your general accommodation budget too.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,371 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in London

hi

"an area like upper west side"?????

can I suggest you state your budget in pounds , not dollars, and you'll get lots of suggestions and recommendations, also do you want an upmarket chain, or something boutique/original?

m

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in London

I agree with others please give your budget then we can help you. I *think* you need accomodation somewhere in Mayfair or Kensington.

I have been to Manhatten but I do not remember "Upper West Side"

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in London

I have been to New Jersey too..

Apartment for week will be suitable for you ..

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in London

Ok, let's start again. Not everybody on here knows what Upper West Side Manhattan is like so its best you give some information like who is travelling, ages, likes, dislikes, etc.

There are a few areas that might work for you like Marylebone, Bloomsbury or Victoria. None of these are like Upper West Side but then there's only one Upper West Side :-)

new jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in London

Thanks for your reply. The Upper West Side is a quiter area within New York City with lots of good restaurants, apartments and parks. We are both in our 60's and not looking for clubs or night life but good restaurants and a tube station near is a must. Hoping to hear from you soon. Bethpage

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in London

Bloomsbury may appeal. The Montague on the Gardens is a very nice hotel not far from the British Museum; although Bloomsbury is in central London there are pockets of quiet green space nearby that are a nice addition to the bustle of the city. Consider as well the popular Morgan Hotel, just steps from bus stops to many parts of London.

Although one of a chain of hotels, the Premier Inn County Hall may be of interest. The location is superb, with plenty of transport options nearby; worth a look. Have a look at the PI Kensington as well, another nice example of the PI chain on a quiet street not far from Earl's Court station.

Just down the road from the PI Kensington is the nifty property base2stay: a hotel with a difference. Rooms are nicely laid out, with big washrooms (I'm v keen on the sunflower showerheads), sufficient storage space, and the added plus of a small but nicely set up kitchen in a cupboard.

With grocery shopping no more than a slow five minute walk from the property it may be just what you're looking for. Earl's Court station is about a three minute walk from the hotel, with a number of buses along the Earl's Court Road as a nifty addendum to the Underground.

new jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in London

Thanks for your e-mail. We are open to a good chain or smaller place as long as it has a lift. Would like a top 3 star or 4 star hotel. Also would like to stay around or under 150 pounds per night. Thanks. Bethpage

new jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in London

Thanks. Do you have any suggestions? Bethpage

Louisiana
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in London

Hi Bethpag, I just booked Millenium Bailey in Kensington for November which you may want to look at. Listed as a 4 star hotel. Read several reviews and seems to be an ideal location. Hope this helps.