We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football fixtures due out this Wednesday

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Football fixtures due out this Wednesday

I know we've had a few questions recently about when next season's football fixtures are released. It has been announced that the fixtures will be released at 10am, this Wednesday 17th of June.

You can visit the link below to check the fixtures for the month that you are in London:

Visit http://www.premierleague.com/ for Barclays Premier League fixtures, or http://www.football-league.co.uk/ for all divisions below the Premiership.

You will also be able to visit the websites of individual clubs to check their own fixtures after 10am on Wednesday.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football fixtures due out this Wednesday

Good shout Canucks but I would just add the following provisos.

While the fixture list when released is official, it is not cast in stone. Some fixture dates and kick off times will change for the purpose of live television coverage.

Tickets for Premier League games in particular are in very high demand, and games are often sold out.

Its always advisable to check on the individual Clubs website for availability.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football fixtures due out this Wednesday

I am counting down the hours since I plan on coming over for an Arsenal match in August or September (a mate has season tickets) and airfare is at a really good price right now.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Football fixtures due out this Wednesday

Have a look at this article to see how complex creating the fixture list is:

bbc.co.uk/blogs/…097608

West Lawn...
Level Contributor
160 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Football fixtures due out this Wednesday

For anyone thinking about going over to see a premier league match I would highly recommend it.

However, I would also suggest seeing a lower division match if possible. In almost every case tickets are easier to come by and less expensive. Plus, the atmosphere can be just as great or even better than a premier league match. I have been over to see games on three different occasions. The first two occasions I saw only premier league games and the last time I saw three League 2 games. The League 2 games were great!

If you are a real supporter of one of the London Premier Leauge Clubs, then by all means try to get to see your team play a match. But if you are a fan of football in general dont count out trips to Watford, Barnet, Orient, Brentford, etc.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Football fixtures due out this Wednesday

Read that blog and is a fascinating read. Wonder how they used to do the fixtures pre computers.

But does show how the world revolves around West Ham doesnt it lol

Just looking forward to seeing when my Birmingham City are playing the villa

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
12,993 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Football fixtures due out this Wednesday

<<But does show how the world revolves around West Ham doesnt it lol>>

The world should revolve around West Ham. We did win the World Cup :-p LOL!

Didn't realise that there was such a knock on effect, must be a nightmare in the north west then! Can't imagine Norwich's attendance will be affected too much by West Ham's home fixtures. Dagenham and Leyton Orient maybe. We often used to go to watch Orient when West Ham were playing up north.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Football fixtures due out this Wednesday

Thanks Canucks! I've been dying to see if there is something we can get tix to that coincides with our stay -- a surprise for hubby.

8. Re: Football fixtures due out this Wednesday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 07:28