We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

divine cream scones

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brasil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba, New York City
Level Contributor
908 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
divine cream scones

Hi folks,

A long, long time ago my girlfriend (wife now) and I went to Hampstead where we savoured some divine scones. As it happened in ancient times I have not the faintest idea where the place is. Was it a dream ? Is this love? Well, is there such a place there? Any hints? I can be somewhere else.

Please no M&S ones.

Cheers!

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: divine cream scones

No idea about Divine Cream Scones in Hampstead but I am sure you could find them in lots of places!

Though they are always better out in the provinces; the Cotswolds say or Devon or Yorkshire.

Fowey, Cornwall
Level Contributor
152 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: divine cream scones

Cornish Cream Teas - can't beat the real clotted cream

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: divine cream scones

Does anyone have a recipe for really good scones?

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: divine cream scones

It's on the Bisquick box. :)

(Can you still get Bisquick?)

I have to say, I agree that Cornish Clotted Cream is the best.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: divine cream scones

Hi

Delia Smith (is she known in the USA?) has some superb scone recipes. Her whole website is a delight - www.deliaonline.com

M

Colorado
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: divine cream scones

Dixie, I have been messing around with scone recipes for the last few years, never finding one I truly liked. Last night I tried these Cream Scones and everyone loved them - they're gone this morning! I used half and half instead of whipped cream and dusted the tops with sugar. We ate them with lemon curd we had picked up in the Peak District this summer, raspberry jam, and clotted cream from our local tea shop/British imports store. Almost like being there...

http://www.joyofbaking.com/scones.html

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: divine cream scones

Holy cow, you mean the scone itself is loaded with butter and cream? No wonder they're so good. That recipe looks luscious.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: divine cream scones

I meant to mark that scone recipe.

Britfan

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: divine cream scones

There are scones......and then there are SCONES!!!! Bring on the butter and cream.

The first time my Texas mother tried a scones she said, "This is nothing but a cold biscuit." Obviously it was a lesser scone.

Britfan, LOL, I am old friends with Bisquick. We go way back.

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: divine cream scones

If it wasn't a dream I would sure like to know where it is. I'll be traveling to London and staying in Hampstead (the Marriott north of Regents park) in early December.

My wife has already ordered me to find a good place for cream tea. If anyone knows this place let me know. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

TIA