We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

London UK
Level Contributor
485 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

I just posted a long message on the "Another Great Book" thread which should have had a spolier warning because towards the end of the message it gives away some of the plot of Sunne In Splendour. So please skip the post (I'll ask the mods to remove it too)

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

Thanks for the warning Capo - but, since I'm over 40, by the time I get the book from Amazon and read it, I would probably have forgotten the ending, anyway! Just kidding. My memory is sharp as a tack .....what was your name again?

London UK
Level Contributor
485 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

I empathise - my last birthday was the big Four-oh-oh-oh ;o)

They've removed my original post from the other thread so I've reposted a plot-free version - safe to go back there now!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

Thanks Capo! BTW being the big 4-0 is MUCH better than the alternative.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

Capo - just to let you know, I'm about half way through with Sunne in Splendour and am TOTALLY captivated by it!!!! Wow!!! I can't wait to read the other Penman novels. Just to let you know, and other history buffs, I have an encyclopedia entitlted "English Monarchs" by Ansley which I purchased in the off price bin at Barnes & Nobles that really is fabulous. I can look up any monarch, or dynasty and get the total dirt on all of them. I HAD to look up Edward IV during the reading of this novel and now absolutely can't WAIT to finish it. Even though I'm strapped for time (because of harvest, I'm on a tractor for 10 hrs straight everyday) I find time to get in two or three chapters of this gem every night. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Capo and Pub-7 for suggesting this novel!!!!

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

Hi Mom, glad you loving it. My mom read as well on my suggestion. She loved it too. That book sounds good, didn't see it when I went on my binge. Pub

London UK
Level Contributor
485 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

Hey FSM, glad you're enjoying it! She really knows how to bring history to life :o)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

Great to see other Penman fans. She is my alltime favourite author. I have read all her books and have actually just finished the trilogy books for the third time.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

Just giving this a bump* to tell Pub and Capo that after I finished Sunne in Splendour, I went on to "When Christ And His Saints Slept" and am almost done with it. Can't tell you how much I enjoy these books. They "literally" bring history alive. After Sunne, I'm SO looking forward to visiting Warwick Castle and the battlefields.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

FullSailMom, don't stop now. When you're done with "Slept," move right into Here Be Dragons, Falls the Shadow and The Reckoning. You WILL want to go to Wales for a year or so just to see every last place for yourself. Ha! (You'll never think of the name Llewellyn the same again...)

Canada
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Message for FullSailMom (and other Sharon Penman fans)

I also love Penmans books - she is working on the sequel to the story of Henry 11 and Eleanor of Aquitaine but is battling MS or CFS or something so its taking a while :(