We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from docklands to city

Hull City Of...
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
travelling from docklands to city

hi

i was thinking of getting a hotel in the docklands/ canary wharf july 22nd but wondered what the tube/ DLR service was like from there I was led to believe there is a lot of work ongoing with the service

thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
437 reviews
from US$104.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
624 reviews
from US$100.10*
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,978 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from docklands to city

July 22 is a Wednesday and as engineering work is almost always restricted to weekends, you should have no problems getting around.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from docklands to city

>> you should have no problems getting around <<

Adam

This is the DLR you are talking about ?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,978 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from docklands to city

Maybe I have been lucky with the DLR Mr C. Certainly there are no scheduled midweek closures.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,429 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from docklands to city

As Adam says, the DLR on a Wednesday should be problem free. Works are done at the weekend when the area is near deserted.

Jubilee Line from Canary Wharf will get you to Westminster in 25 minutes and the DLR to Bank or Tower Gateway in less time than that.

Not sure what Mr C is getting at. As far as I am aware there's never been much of a problem on the DLR. Certainly not when I use it every week. Must be lucky :-)

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling from docklands to city

The service on the DLR has got so bad that I don't bother to touch in with my Oyster at South Quay as it is very likely that I will be back down the stairs 5 minutes later and walking to Canary Wharf for the underground.

The crush and poor service is one of the reasons why I prefer to cycle 16 miles in the mornings. When it works it is great, unfortunately that seems to be getting to be a rare event. Hopefully the 3 car operation will improve the overcrowding at least.

6. Re: travelling from docklands to city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 06:18