We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair online checkin,what information do i need?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
AYRSHIRE,SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
267 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair online checkin,what information do i need?

I`m travelling to London with Ryanair in August and i`ll be checking in 10 people online.I`ve looked at the FAQ section but it doesn`t tell you what information you require to check in,at present i have a list of passport numbers and expiry dates but i`m not sure if this will be enough and i`m a bit concerned that the site will time out during the checkin.This happened while i was booking the flights and it`s a bit of a pain,can you checkin a few people at a time rather than all at once?

Any information would be greatly appreciated folks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair online checkin,what information do i need?

I am not sure about 10 people but I know you can recheck the people even if you have not got the print out.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair online checkin,what information do i need?

PS I meant if you have not printed out the boarding passes it allows you to do it again. I did it in january this year but since then I have not been on Ryan air. But my post will bump it up if anyone has suggestions.

You could also post this on Airline forums too for more replies

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
618 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair online checkin,what information do i need?

Also, it is worth checking the small print. If anyone is travelling with a non-European Union passport they may be required to present themselves at the check in counter with their passport - even if they have checked in online.

One of my friends was recently refused boarding on a flight to Dublin as she didn't complete this step (not that a visa is needed for a NZ passport and not that any other airline has this as a requirement).

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,486 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair online checkin,what information do i need?

<<< not that a visa is needed for a NZ passport and not that any other airline has this as a requirement). >>>

More fool the other airlines as it's up to them to determine that the person has the right to travel to the other country as they get fined rather heavily if they carry people without the right credentials.

However I think you'll find that other airlines DO check that people have the right to travel - just that it isn't as obvious as for Ryanair

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
963 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair online checkin,what information do i need?

You also need to know place of issue for each passport.

AYRSHIRE,SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
267 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair online checkin,what information do i need?

Thanks for the replies,it looks like they will all have to bring their passports to me then,i had original asked them all just to text me the number etc.

7. Re: Ryanair online checkin,what information do i need?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2010, 07:33