We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Bristol...what else is there to do in that area?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Bristol...what else is there to do in that area?

We are spending a few days in London and need to go to Bristol for several hours. If we take a train there, does anyone know of an interesting tour we could take in that area? We had thought of taking a Bath, Windsor, or Stonehenge tour, but don't know if any of those places could be combined with our trip to Bristol. I am not familiar with England, so any advice would be appreciated!!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Bristol...what else is there to do in that area?

You need to elaborate slightly, on maybe why you *need* to go to Bristol for several hours.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
749 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Bristol...what else is there to do in that area?

This might help a little to see whats around.

visitbristol.co.uk/site/…attractions

CA
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Bristol...what else is there to do in that area?

Thanks...My son was invited to an art exhibit that wants to attend in that city.

CA
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Bristol...what else is there to do in that area?

Instead of staying longer in Bristol, I wondered if we could somehow combine it with an afternoon tour in a nearby area that might be more interesting. We have never been outside of London before.

CA
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Bristol...what else is there to do in that area?

I see that Bath and/ or Salisbury appear to be nearby. Would there be an afternoon tour of those cities that anyone would know about? What do you think would be feasible and the most interesting? And what would be the easiest way to tour this area? Thanks!

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Bristol...what else is there to do in that area?

There is masses to see in Bristol - it is one of Britain's most historic cities and I am always surprised that it appears on TA so rarely. As has been suggested have a look at the Visit Bristol website.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Bristol...what else is there to do in that area?

Yes Bath is also worth a visit. You could go to Wells which has prettiest Cathedral.

Manchester
Level Contributor
780 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to Bristol...what else is there to do in that area?

Bristol certainly has a great deal to see in its own right. It is one of the most historic cities in the country, has find architecture and hosts two of Brunel's great achievements - the first ever iron ocean going ship and a very famous suspension bridge (and of course you get there on another of them). It is also a very attractive city.

The regenerated docks area host a lot of tourist attractions, the Downs are worth a visit, it has a fine zoo and two cathedral churches.

Nearby Bath is extremely worth a visit. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the country, and a World Heritage Site. It makes London look like a hideous slum.