We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change of flight with Delta Airlines

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Change of flight with Delta Airlines

Hi all,

I am wondering if any of you had to change a flight with Delta Airlines before. I might have to change my return flight to LAX. Delta has all kind of crazy rules. I was trying to have it changed at Delta.com but no success so far. Supposedly, I can change my flight on line but still having trouble navigating the website. Many thanks in advance.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
457 reviews
from US$105.50*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.70*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Change of flight with Delta Airlines

never changed it on my own,they changed a flight four times,eliminating an entire leg of it and change the departure times,and the city I was flying to and changing flights. you may just have to call them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change of flight with Delta Airlines

I've done it online once and over the phone. I believe it costs $250 change fee for international flights plus the cost of the flight, if it differs from when you purchased it. Some flights can't be changed online. When I book through my company's travel website (for company business) - I always have to call Delta directly.

If you aren't having luck online - give them a call. They should be able to help you navigate the website.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
943 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change of flight with Delta Airlines

For some insight, go to www.flyertalk.com and there are lots of threads about Delta and their web site.

Cheers

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change of flight with Delta Airlines

Try the airline forum. And bear in mind, *all* airlines have 'crazy' rules when it comes to flight changes so its down to the **exact** conditions for your ticket.

And when it comes down to explaining why you can't change - 'not much luck' doesn't really explain help someone tell you what to do !! Did you try and change but it didnt work? Did you get an error? Did you click on 'itineraries and check in' and take it from there? Or what??????

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Change of flight with Delta Airlines

Thanks all for the help!

From what I understand on their website is that there are two general types of tickets-one that you book through their website, www.delta.com and the other is through third party, such as orbitz.com. If you book through their website, I believe there will be less of a penalty. They also said that one should be able to change the ticket if it was booked through their website. I tried their website but had no luck.

I emailed them earlier today but haven't heard back from them. Maybe I will give them a call. I prefer to see someone in their office. I don't think there is a Delta office in central London. Or is there?

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Change of flight with Delta Airlines

If you are in the UK at the moment you might want to try this ...

Delta Airlines

1st Floor 10 Warwick Street,

Soho, London,

W1B 5LZ

Telephone: 0800 414767

and see if they can help ...

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,429 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Change of flight with Delta Airlines

I don't know if this is the same on Delta but on American Airlines you can't change an international flight on the website, only a domestic one. I think that was somewhere in the small print, though. You could change it for the change fee by calling. Make sure you have all the changes you want before you change though, because if you change again you pay the change fee again. You also pay the difference in fare (or if the fare is lower you get the difference refunded).

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Change of flight with Delta Airlines

Ginger,

You are better than the chat agent. She told me there is no Delta office in London. I am in SOHO so I should be able to swing by.

Just in case of any use to anyone in the future, I learn that you cannot make a change online once you took your outbound. Again, many thanks for all the help.

9. Re: Change of flight with Delta Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 06:15