We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transfer LHR to West End area near Marble Arch

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
159 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
airport transfer LHR to West End area near Marble Arch

Has anyone used Ray's London Transfers . There are three of us which includes one teen. What is an appropriate gratuity.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,612 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transfer LHR to West End area near Marble Arch

I use Simply Airports to get to and from the airport - and if I am happy with the service I tip 10%

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transfer LHR to West End area near Marble Arch

I've not used Rays, but a suitable tip would be to add about 10% IF you think the service warranted it. If he puts your luggage into the car for you, if he's polite, and if he unloads the bags at the other end, I'd give him 3 or 4 pounds. Some will disagree, but that's my personal preference.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transfer LHR to West End area near Marble Arch

I've used Ray's in the past and have been happy with the service. They've been around for quite a while. Back when AOL had great travel message boards, Ray's was the preferred car service on the London Board.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
159 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport transfer LHR to West End area near Marble Arch

Thank you for your confirmation.We will hire Ray's service

5. Re: airport transfer LHR to West End area near Marble Arch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 06:18