We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location advice needed: renting VRBO Oct 4 - 10th

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
322 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Location advice needed: renting VRBO Oct 4 - 10th

pretty specific question: my first time in London, travelling alone (meeting my husband 2 days prior to returning home). Means I will be alone most of my stay.

I like sightseeing, shopping, museums, theatre, a trendy dinner / drinks spot... close to metro station (since I tend to shop and carry too many bags...)

I am currently evaluating one property in:

Abingdon Road and Pater Street, London W8

another one in:

W1J 8NT

the third and last one in consideration is:

London W2 1TR

UK

Can you help me make up my mind?

thanks!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location advice needed: renting VRBO Oct 4 - 10th

We stay on Allen Street in Kensington W8 - it's just one street over from Abington Road. It'a a very nice area. Residential streets, but lots of shops and restaurants along Kensington High Street. Very nice Waitrose grocery store near by. It's probably a 10 minute walk to the High Street Kensington tube station and there are several good bus routes that run along Kensington High Street.

You can have a virtual look around Kensington High Street here: www.streetsensation.co.uk/

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
322 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location advice needed: renting VRBO Oct 4 - 10th

great! thanks, I will check it out!

3. Re: Location advice needed: renting VRBO Oct 4 - 10th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 06:16