We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Historical Person.....and why.

Favorite Historical Person.....and why.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 17:04
Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Historical Person.....and why.

I wonder why you want us to tell you why we like our favourite historic person, but you don't feel obligated to tell us why you like your favourites?

And while we are having this dialogue, what do you mean when you say, "I can't (wait) to get back to London in November..."? Apparently you are going to wait, so I guess you really can.

My person is Thomas More.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Historical Person.....and why.

I rather like Sir Winston Churchill. He's very quotable. :o)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Historical Person.....and why.

Hi, first of all I didn't mean to lead you to believe that I thought I WAS Nelson in a previous life, just that I MAY have been a sailor or involved in the Navy or seaport life somehow. Who knows?

What I meant by asking why you like this particular person is that some of you may be related to your favorite historical person and that would be very interesting. Sorry for not making my self clearer.

Happy Travels.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,906 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Historical Person.....and why.

My favourite is Katherine Swynford - the mistress and then wife of John of Gaunt who was an ancestress of the Tudor kings..

Fascinating woman.

Richard the Third also interests me a LOT.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Historical Person.....and why.

I'll second you on Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson, just for one of his quotes.

"Treat every Frenchman as if he was the devil himself" ...lol

Dave