We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

I am planning to visit Buckingham Palace tour (Queen's Gallery, Royal Mew and Royal States Room) which they offered in September while I'm there.

I also want to visit Tower of London, however with the time constraint, I may be able to visit one place only. Which one would you suggest and why?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

how long will you be in London? if you are there for few days,you can easily do both.as for which to choose,that is really up to you and what you are interested in. I like both,for different reasons,so choosing one over the other is hard to do.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

Tower of London is an absolute must for me.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,099 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

Unless you are obsessed with British Royalty then The Tower is the best option

vancouver
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

I will be there for 2 days but I need to cover lots of other places which most places don't take long. But Buckingham Palace will take 5 hours, the whole day is almost gone, same with Tower of London. That mean the 2 places will take up my 2 days in London.

Please advise.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

How many days will you be in London? A friend of mine toured the Tower of London the day before yesterday and the queue itself was long. It was about 5-6 hours all together. If you are tight on time, you have to factor in the time getting to the site etc.

Like someone else said, unless you are obsessed with the British Royalty, Tower of London is much more interesting.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

Sorry I did not see that you will be in London for two days. Bon Voyage! Have fun however you decide to spend two days in London.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,420 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

TOL. No contest IMO

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

Did you know that you can purchase tickets for just the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace? You then only need to allow two and a half hours max.

By the way, I would find it very difficult to choose between the State Rooms and the Tower of London. I enjoyed both.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,810 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

My feeling is since the State Rooms are only open for a brief period every year, and it falls during your trip, that is what I would take advantage of. The Tower is open year round so you could see that on a return trip.

I would also see if you could eke out more than two days in such a great city! Where else are you going that you've only allotted two days to London?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buckingham Palace vs Tower of London

TOL - much much MUCH more history.