We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do You Get This Response?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Do You Get This Response?

After telling friends about my upcoming trip to London, I have heard a couple times: "I have no desire to go there."

To each their own I suppose, but I just don't get it. There are only a handful of places that I wouldn't want to visit.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do You Get This Response?

Actually all my friends/co-workers say, "Again?"

There are a lot of people who never even want to leave their home state; I've never understood that.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do You Get This Response?

I don't think that there is anything too strange about that. No offence to all you americans but I have no desire to visit the USA.

I guess they're not saying they'd never go there, just that they have no burning desire to do so. If I had a bunch of money and had been everwhere else I wanted to go I would certainly visit at least NYC.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do You Get This Response?

HA - I've been getting that ever since I booked my trip last week. i also get the "why would anyone live in NYC, especially after 9/11?". I just ignore the comments. Maybe they are just envious.

Florida
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do You Get This Response?

Good point LondonGirl2005.

hrhweezie, I always get, "how can you live in Florida?" :-)

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
853 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Do You Get This Response?

I've gotten those comments sometimes from neighbors or coworkers. It again depends on people's tastes and their impressions. I know one of my coworkers skipped London to spend more time in Italy. She was surprised this will be my 3rd visit there.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,218 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do You Get This Response?

Nurse,

So how can you live in Florida? -:).

I've often wanted to visit The Keys but even thinking about the humidity brings me out in a sweat.

Florida
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do You Get This Response?

Adam, the beauty of Florida will make you forget all about the humidity. Besides, you will be sipping on cold drinks and in the water most of the time. :-)

Florida
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do You Get This Response?

You can cut the air with a knife in the Keys. It's even tough for me, and I was born and reared in FL. I was there last year in July. I like to think I glisten. :-)

Burbank
Level Contributor
342 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do You Get This Response?

Everyone I tell is thrilled...I've never had anyone poo-poo any destination I've wanted to visit.

You just cant do London once..there's too much to see.

I don't know alot of big travellers, and definately in my own family, I tend to take the most trips..so I think every far away location seems fun and exotic!!

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do You Get This Response?

I don't get it either, to each his own. For what it's worth If I never set foot in Florida again it woill be too soon. Here are some of my no desires in no particular order.

India

China

Spain

Switzerland

Philippines

All of the Middle East

All of South America Pub