We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

I know you can't take pictures inside, but can you still bring your camera so you can use it the rest of the day? Since you enter and exit at different locations I was wondering what you did if they made you check it.

Strawberry Tours - Free Walking Tours London
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Fun London Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
London Black Taxi Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

I think I carried my camera with me, just didn't use it. As I recall, each room is staffed with people who enforce the rule, like in a museum.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

You'll go through airport-like security before you enter, but it's perfectly fine to have your camera in your purse, daypack, pocket, etc...

They have a nice set of postcards in the gift shop at the end of the tour if you want photos for a scrapbook/photo album.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
592 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

You can bring your camera with you, and you can take pictures in the portion of the gardens behind the palace that they let you into after you tour the interior of the palace.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

Thanks, everyone. Can you take pictures in the Mews?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

I haven't been to the Royal Mews in several years, but when I was there, photography was permitted. I have photos of a lot of the coaches.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

I was just there a week ago and was able to take pictures at the Royal Mews.

Level Contributor
287 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

Planning to disembark a ship in Southampton on a Saturday morning, and tak ethe train to Waterloo station . For next August= thinking ahead- we will only be in London for one day post-cruise and hope to get tickets for the Stateroom tour. Do you think if we book a late time- like 3:30 or 4 pm- will we have enough time to see the tour without feeling too rushed?

ohio
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

I think the last time slot is 15:45

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,244 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

Last admission is indeed 3.45 but the State Rooms remain open until 6.00pm -http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/default.asp?action=article&ID=30

The website suggests 2 to 2 1/2 hours as the typical amount of time spent looking around although you would probably see a fair amount in 90 minutes.

If you are unsure if you will make then you could take a chance and turn up on spec and see if tickets are available for the final time slot. I was there around lunchtime today and there were still a fair number of tickets available for the rest of the day.

Level Contributor
287 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buckingham Palace State rooms tour

thnak you for your insight!