We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental and traffic in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Car rental and traffic in London

We will be staying in Wimbledon for a couple of days and then will rent a car to drive to Scotland. Which area do you recommend to pick-up a car in the Wimbledon area. My closest Avis branch is Earl's Court. I will pick-up up the car on Friday the 18th of December. Will traffic be a problem? Is there perhaps a better pick-up option to avoid traffic.

I will then return on the 3rd of January to Heathrow, it is a Sunday. How will the traffic be coming from Wales? I need to be at airport at 18:00.

I would appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Jakes

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental and traffic in London

Suggest you pick up and return to Heathrow as will be easy from there to find your way to M1 and Scotland,rather than trying to get through parts of Central London on a Friday afternoon a week prior to Christmas.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental and traffic in London

I suggest you fly to Scotland and pick up the car from whichever airport you fly to there, unless you have a really, really good reason for wanting to drive there.

It's a long way to drive, and flying will be so much easier. Or you could take the train.

London, United...
Level Contributor
332 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental and traffic in London

I agree with NM - you must have a really good reason to drive all that way.

It seems that you are then going from Scotland to Wales! Are you just avoiding England?!!

4. Re: Car rental and traffic in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 07:19