We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We Will Rock You??

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
We Will Rock You??

I will be visiting London in October from the US. I am a great Queen fan. Is it worth going to see We Will Rock You? Or after 7 years, is it better to look for a different show? Do all the performances continue to sell out?

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: We Will Rock You??

"Filthy????" Oh for heaven's sake. I think a couple of naughty words and a little bit of sexual innuendo hardly constitutes "filthy." What a joke!!!

Yes, the plot is silly but the show really isn't about the plot, it's about the music, which is awesome. Some of the cast was changed last week but I have not seen them yet. The lead (Ricardo Afonso) was very good and has an amazing voice. I am not sure who one of the previous posters saw because both the main lead and his understudy (Jon Boydon)were fantastic. Neither are in this new cast.

I think the show would be fine for teens but younger kids may not get the humor and probably wouldn't find it enjoyable.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
180 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: We Will Rock You??

Yeah, filth was the word used right here on TA. So I thought I'd better check. But we really want to go - and for us, it IS about the music. So thanks for the reassurance...

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d189…

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: We Will Rock You??

If you want theatre with the F*** word, go to Billy Elliott ;-)

As another reviewer says it is full of Ben Elton humour which probably doesn't mean much to tourists, but he co wrote Black Adder.

Toronto
Level Contributor
189 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: We Will Rock You??

A quick question about WWRY, is there a dress code for the theatre?

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: We Will Rock You??

Well seeing as i had my shoes AND socks off....NO.

Brazil
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: We Will Rock You??

like it was said here before, it is worth only because of the music (especially if you are a Queen fan like myself)

The story is awful and also sounds a bit pretentious when the band self-declares themselves like the savers of the rock..

I actually felt very embarassed watching those ga ga girls, all that plot and the not-so-funny jokes they throw all the time..

Aside from that the music Rocks!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: We Will Rock You??

The plot is cheesy, but it's part of the fun.

Very near the start, (so no spoilers, don't worry), someone asks the main character "...but what is it that you want?". And he bursts into song, going "I want to break free-ee!".

I slapped my forehead and thought "oh please, let the rest of it not be like this.....".

And you know what, it kind of was, but it was still highly enjoyable.

Dress code? Absolutely not.

18. Re: We Will Rock You??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2010, 04:17