We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why is it on some recent posts

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Why is it on some recent posts

Why is it on some recent posts such as Wihistlingdixies one on celebrities there is no option to post any more answers. Can't be a porb with me as in other posts I can?

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why is it on some recent posts

The thread has been locked, without an announcement to that effect. Cheesy.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why is it on some recent posts

Basically TA clamping down on non travel related chatter.....

london
Level Contributor
946 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Why is it on some recent posts

who are they to decide what is travel related or not? I reccommend we form a revolutionary sect and try to overturn them. And try to get Hash Browns more widely available in UK retail outlets. And Ice Tea.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why is it on some recent posts

A revolutionary sect- stempler what a suggestion! Mind you I think TA are being rather mean-spirited to dixies harmless thread.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why is it on some recent posts

I would have thought it was related, as we are mentioning famous people and where they live or hang out in areas of London, which might induce some visitors to go and check out those areas to see if they can spot the celebrities. Isn't that what they do as part of the tourist industry in Hollywood?

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why is it on some recent posts

So there really are TA police out there.

"Hi, TA police!"

It would be nice to know what the rules are so we'd know if we're breaking them or not.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Why is it on some recent posts

TA can block replies but they still insist on promoting their 'new style' web page. The most harsh looking display I've seen.

I'm with STEMPLER, power to the people, down with censorship! if it weren't for the occasional off-topic post, this Forum would be as interesting as watching grass grow.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why is it on some recent posts

Yeah go poppa!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
840 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why is it on some recent posts

I agree as well!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why is it on some recent posts

It seems this is nt the only forum where there has been more threads and posts deleted than usual. Perhaps TA moderaters have new guidelines. Sydney and Paris forums have had threads disappear or shut down.