We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
1 review
Save Topic
T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

After a good few months not moving around much, I've been back using T5, 3 arrivals in last two weeks. Just this afternoon I landed and got through to the car park in just 20mins. Yippee!

Last weeks 30 mins.

That's deliberately timed exactly from wheels down which is pretty good going. Bags awaiting (yet again) in the hall, Bliss and very efficient..

Additionally notable today as I literally bumped into Roger Moore at baggage reclaim! He was travelling alone, looked and sounded fabulous for his years. Sorry I digress....but couldn't resist as I'm a fan :-)

Just a note for those concerned about Heathrow, it's not all bad but of course you do need a bit of luck.

Stoofer.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

Well, I've been quite happy with T5 when I've used it of late, but for now I'm avoiding booking anything with British Airways simply because their staff seem to be talking about going on strike. Until that's all resolved, I think it's safer to stick to other airlines.

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

Me and wife flew through T5 for the first time on our recent trip to Rome and was really impressed with it. Secruity lines are short and move quickly, there is a good range of shops and restaurants and it feels nice and quiet compared to the heaving cattle markets that the other terminals can become. Oh and it looks spectacular inside and out, hopefully BAA improve the other terminals in line with T5.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

Indeed, BA are starting to give off a feeling of 'here we go again'.

It seems to me that their unions are never happy unless threatening action for some reason or other, failing to consider the impact even empty or unfullfilled threats have on attracting paying customers.

It will be ironic if having finally established T5 as the best in U.K. (and one of the better terminals in Europe) people avoid it due to concerns about industrial action.

Stoofer

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

P.S.

Oh and Nautius, was Biggus travelling with you? :-)

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

He has a wife you know.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

Sadly, Biggus couldn't make it. Luckily, Sillius was able to stand in at the last minute.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

A possible future strike wouln't put me off booking with BA. I travelled once during a strike and it wasn't horrible at all. A slight change of plans but nothing too big to upset us.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

Well it sure put me off. Yes, you can be lucky and have an easy journey even with a strike on, but if there's another airline that flies the same route and is not threatening to strike, why take the chance?

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

Personally, I only fly BA to London due to their overweight policy and their hotel&flight packages!

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: T5 Heathrow appears to get even better

Still, good news that the wife, Incontinentia B., wasn't flying otherwise they'd need the life jackets.

I think, Thalia, you'd be in a minority. It will impact the company, as long as their is competitive alternatives many people will play safe, even if a lot of the potential disruption is overstated.

Stoofer