We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gatwick hotel early check ins?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poole
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
gatwick hotel early check ins?

hi everyone. Hope everyone is all good and dandy!

Im off at the weekend to Orlando. When I come home I would like to book a hotel at gatwick or nearby as hubby does not want to drive home straight after our return flight. Only thing is we land at Gatwick South at 8.40am and most hotels dont let you check in so early in the day.

Does anyone know of any hotels (or have already done this) that let you check in early?

Many thanks.

ljoy

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gatwick hotel early check ins?

There are a few mentions on different websites that the Premier Inn at Gatwick allows early check ins - 'if you contact reception' - maybe give them a ring?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gatwick hotel early check ins?

Phone and ask a few. What you are after is a short stay day room which many will do, plus a normal days stay.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gatwick hotel early check ins?

I believe there's a Sofitel at Gatwick. I've never stayed there myself, but I did once arrange an early check-in at another Sofitel, and they were very helpful about it. I don't think we even got charged extra, although I guess that might depend on how busy they are. Just give them a ring and see what they say.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gatwick hotel early check ins?

p.s I assumed that what you want is to stay there until the next day. If all you want is a few hours kip before you set off back home, then you have two options.

1 is a day room, phone and ask, rate seems to be about 1/2 the standard overnight rate,usualy you'd have to vacate by about 6pm

2 The Yotel in the S Terminal rents out rooms on an hourly basis - I think its 4 hours minimum but check on their website. You can just book the Yotel directly on the web.

5. Re: gatwick hotel early check ins?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2010, 06:19