We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

can any one advise me their opinion please. I am travelling to disneyland paris via the eurostar on the way home we get back on friday night (train gets into st pancreas at 9.20pm aprox, and we will be getting the coach back to birmingham the coach times are either 10pm or 11pm, is there enough time to get the 10pm one or would it be safer to book the 11pm coach.

not been on eurostar before so not sure 1. how reliable they are for arrival times, 2. how long takes to disembark the train, and back through any customs checks etc 3. how long it will take to get across to victoria coach station.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,647 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

I'd go for the 11pm coach.

Eurostar are usually totally reliable. It can take a while to leave the train as they're long and if you're at the 'wrong' end it can be quite a trek to the concourse. Generally, all checks are done in Paris before you board the train.

Victoria train station is a direct underground journey from St. Pancras (note spelling) and then it's a 10 minute walk to the coach station.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

I agree. It can take quite a while go get off the train and find your way to the tube at St Pancras, which really doesn't leave much margin for error if you go for the 10 pm coach.

Just another thought: are you completely wedded to the idea of a coach? You could get a train to Birmingham from Euston station, which is a lot closer to St Pancras than Victoria is, and will also get you to Birmingham quicker. Unless you got a great deal on the coach and you're on a particularly tight budget, I would have thought it is well worth looking at.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

The 10pm coach makes a stop at Golders Green tube at 10.30. Travelling by tube from St Pancras to Golders Green would be easier than going to Victoria and you have an extra 30 minutes!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

thankyou everyone for your suggestions and comments i appreciate them all. Iwill look into the suggestions made.

ref the train back to birmingham as opposed to the coach, normally i would do this, but do not feel comfortable getting the train back at 10/11pm due to past experience on the train at this time of night coming back from london before.

also national express are doing a lot of "funfairs" on this route for these times so will only be around £5 each to get home,

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

I certainly would not risk the 10.00 from Victoria. It takes 10-15 minutes to get from the Victoria Line platform to Victoria Coach Station.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

thanks all for the replies, have booked the 11pm one so have from 9.20pm to get over to the coach depot, only cost £3 each on the fun fair prices

Edited: 26 November 2009, 21:57
South Carolina
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

Take a left at the spleen and then a right at the liver.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

Thanks pureshooter..I was trying to think of something clever but failed.

LOL

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,086 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

>>It takes 10-15 minutes to get from the Victoria Line platform to Victoria Coach Station.<<

Another good reason to catch the coach at Golders Green.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: departing eurostar at pancreas & getting to victoria coach

<Another good reason to catch the coach at Golders Green.>

But a good reason not to is that the fare from Golders Green is more than 3 times that from Victoria