We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timer's getting ready to book 41........help please!

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First Timer's getting ready to book 41........help please!

We are 2 50 y/o couples celebrating our 25th wedding anniversaries! I always use trip advisor and I have never been disappointed! I have looked at this hotel a lot. We will stay for 2 nights the end of May before departing from South Hampton for a Scandinavian cruise. Worth the price? We are planning on a visit to Abbey road and I don't think it is in walking distance of the hotel but that is o.k. The other choice would be City Inn Westminster. I feel we would get lost but it looks nice. There just does not seem to be a King bed choice. Idea's, opinions please and thank you!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timer's getting ready to book 41........help please!

I have never stayed in 41 but I think there was a big ruckus here about it last year, do a search just in case my memory is correct :-)

FYI its Southampton, just one word, no space or capital in the middle.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timer's getting ready to book 41........help please!

Are you sure you're not thinking of a different hotel, Joe? I've heard only good things about Hotel 41, and the reviews on TA are great.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timer's getting ready to book 41........help please!

I might well be mistaken. I recall it had a number in its name which is fairly unusual.

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timer's getting ready to book 41........help please!

Thank you, thank you. Keep the replies coming. Thanks for the spell check! We are so excited about London and will be as "in the know" as we possibly can by then!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,631 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Timer's getting ready to book 41........help please!

The City Inn is a well run modern functional hotel but 41 is something special and well deserves its high rating. I was lucky enough to be shown round a few weeks ago and if I ever won the lottery then the Master Suite would be on my list of rooms to stay in for a week. The only thing to warm you about would be that the rooms are small by North American standards but that isn't unusual in London.

It's a five minute walk from Victoria station and you can reach Abbey Road with one tube change or by taking the #82 bus followed by a short walk.

Hope that helps.

adamhornets@yahoo.com

6. Re: First Timer's getting ready to book 41........help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2010, 06:48