We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
ireland
Level Contributor
243 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Luxuey accomandation in London

Hello all,

My wife and I are staying in London for our first weekend away since we got married. We're spending 2 nights in December there and I was hoping to splash out a bit and treat herself. Could anyone recommend a luxury hotel or apartments etc that might fit the bill? We're flying into and from Heathrow and hope to take in a show on the saturday night.

Thanks....

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxuey accomandation in London

Congratulations first of all! Have you tried the Mr&Mrs Smith website? They have loads of upmarket, romantic hotels.

mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-hotels/…hotels

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,365 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxuey accomandation in London

Depends on whether you want old fashioned or modern luxury, and how much you have to spend. Some of the luxury hotels in London are properly, mind blowingly expensive. I'll assume (for now) that you're reasonably youngish and want a modern place close to theatreland that won't completely break the bank, and I'll suggest the St Martins hotel in Covent Garden. But do let us know what sort of place you're thinking of, and a budget too!

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxuey accomandation in London

Check out the "Get More" offer at The Montague on the Gardens:

montaguehotel.com/offers-and-gifts/details/g…

Other Red Carnation hotels, like The Rubens at the Palace and Hotel 41 also have specials through December: http://www.redcarnationhotels.com/

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxuey accomandation in London

I notice the Stafford has been getting positive reviews on TA . . .

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxuey accomandation in London

I've stayed at The Chesterfield Mayfair a couple of times - really lovely staff. The lowest priced rooms are very small: if you can upgrade it is worthwhile, and the weekend packages are good value and really nice. Hope you have a lovely time wherever you stay!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxuey accomandation in London

When we want to splurge, we stay at the Mountbatten in Covent Garden/Neals Yard area.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxuey accomandation in London

I stayed at the Mountbatten once - nice staff, good location, but tiny room, and not particularly romantic IMHO...!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxuey accomandation in London

Some of the rooms at the Mountbatten are small- try for a suite or junior suite. There are also some good resturants nearby.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxuey accomandation in London

As it is a special weekend for you both The Soho Hotel Covent Garden, and in the heart of London theatreland

GBP300.00 per night

www.firmdale.com

UK
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxuey accomandation in London

The stafford has greatly improved recently not Michelin 5 star tho

so depends also on price bracket

Lots of dynamic pricing in London now so well worth investigating

Happy hols