We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

afternoon tea...but ???? 12 -2'pm

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
afternoon tea...but ???? 12 -2'pm

hi

on sunday we will be on our home via Victoria.....dep approx 3 pm...

was wondering if theres any where nice ( we will have small suitcase and holdhall..) where we can have ''early afternoon tea''....couple of hrs to spare so would just like to finish off our little trip....

thanks

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: afternoon tea...but ???? 12 -2'pm

The Ritz starts serving tea at 11.30 but they have a dress code and I'm not sure that they will have availability in such short notice.

Essex
Level Contributor
26,991 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: afternoon tea...but ???? 12 -2'pm

The Grosvenor Hotel is right at Victoria Station, and does proper teas, perhaps that would suit you??

grosvenor-hotel-london.co.uk/The_Grosvenor_H…

I have not tried it, but perhaps some of the TA Afternoon tea fans can elaborate.

You could also consider The Rubens at the Palace:

www.rubenshotel.com/dining/bar/afternoon-tea

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,113 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: afternoon tea...but ???? 12 -2'pm

The Rubens at the Palace starts serving afternoon tea at 1pm on Sundays, and you can book via their website here:

rubenshotel.com/dining/…online-reservations

I would assume that if you are having tea there, they would keep your suitcase in the left luggage area, but you ought to ask them to make sure.

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: afternoon tea...but ???? 12 -2'pm

the rubens is fully booked

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,113 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: afternoon tea...but ???? 12 -2'pm

It may be worth asking if they'll call you in case of a cancellation. I'm afraid you're going to struggle to find afternoon tea elsewhere near Victoria that early in the day. I was going to recommend The Goring, but they don't start serving until 3:30pm, which is the case with most venues.

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: afternoon tea...but ???? 12 -2'pm

thanks very much......ive decided to book an early lunch instead......

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,637 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: afternoon tea...but ???? 12 -2'pm

Are you training it? I think M&S do cream scones, pack of two, already filled, pack of sandwiches, get some tea from an outlet on the platform and have a picnic tea on the train.

8. Re: afternoon tea...but ???? 12 -2'pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2010, 05:30