We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying particular theatre seats

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Buying particular theatre seats

My brother is going to be in London next January and I want to buy him a ticket to see Wicked. Is there any website where I can buy a particular seat?

Since this is going to be a Christmas present I'd rather not have him stuck up the back of the theatre. When I saw Wicked I was in the sixth row which was just perfect, so I was hoping to get him something in rows 4-6.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,356 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,127 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying particular theatre seats

Have you tried yet? First google the show and see if tickets are purchased through show's website or ticketmaster.uk. Some theaters let you pick seats on their website. Most, including ticketmaster, show the seat locations before you purchase so chances are you know what you are getting.

Bad news is that premium Christmas tickets may be a little hard this late, even a single. You could call the box office directly, lastly try a broker or hotel concierge (but be prepared to pay for those opportunities).

T

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying particular theatre seats

Since when has Christmas been in January ? Is that the Orthodox calendar or somesuch ? :-)

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying particular theatre seats

Duh,you're right. I've heard of Christmas in July but January is a little much. Oh well, do I redeem myself if i tell you while i was writing that I also was on the ticketmaster site? (for january?) A quick search for Jan 15, turned up a seat in row "F". January 1, had a "B" row but had a disclaimer that you had to look up onto the stage a bit. So wicked may be possible!

T

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying particular theatre seats

Don't forget to check the Get Into London Theatre offer

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k32366…

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying particular theatre seats

I recently wanted to buy tickets for 'Oliver' for my parents. I was booking through ticketmaster.co.uk and I wasn't happy with the seats it was giving me. No matter how many times I tried, it kept giving me the same seats, telling me they were the 'best available'. I then rang ticketmaster and asked for particular seats, they weren't available, but he was able to get me better seats than the website was offering, so it was worth the price of the call.

Finland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying particular theatre seats

Thank you so much for posting this link, just booked top price tickets for half price for New Year's Day :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
659 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying particular theatre seats

For future reference, find a seating plan for the theatre online and then call the box office direct.

8. Re: Buying particular theatre seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2010, 06:18