We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

121 Car Hire.

kashmir212
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
121 Car Hire.

I am trying to hire a car from Heathrow around the Christmas period, has anyone used 121Carhire.com?? They are the cheapest I can find but have never heard of them, any comments would be appreciated.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 121 Car Hire.

Im not sure when, where or how you got a quote from 1-2-1 ( one2one ? ) because I believe that company folded some time ago.

Heathrow is served by most of the major players so your best bet really is to compare their prices. Most have offices actually on the airport, which will make collection/delivery more convenient.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 121 Car Hire.

<<they are the cheapest I can find.>

And you think thats a good thing?

kashmir212
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 121 Car Hire.

I got the quote from carrentals.co.uk, it came up with 121 and Argus, both at the same price. It seems like a good deal, comes with CDW but as you have to pay upfront I wanted some info on them.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 121 Car Hire.

One of the things you'll notice, if you read the forums here often, or just live long enough, is that shoddy products and cr*p service service have a very high correlation to lowest price.

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
603 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 121 Car Hire.

After a long day of travel, including an overnight flight, would hiring a car be advised for getting to our hotel? We arrive at Heathrow around 06:30 and are a family of 4 with children traveling this December.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,657 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 121 Car Hire.

Where is your hotel ?

Driving in London is never advised ! (by me.........)

And very few hotels have parking

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,664 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 121 Car Hire.

Flying overnight with children and luggage, then coping with the main arrival time of intercontinental flights, take the Heatrow/ Paddington Express then a taxi to your hotel. Organise you car rental pick up in the city.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,664 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 121 Car Hire.

Kashmir, check car rental rates on www.vroomvroomvroom.co.uk

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 121 Car Hire.

When you say "hiring a car" - do you mean, as in you drive one, or as in, you arrange for a car service where someone drives you?

And when you say 'to our hotel' where is it? Just outside Heathrow? Central London? Where in central London? Timbuktu?

And when you say 630 is that 630am, or pm?

And is it a weekday?

And when you say 'children" did you mean babes in arms, or strapping big teenagers who can carry your luggage?

And when you say "December" did you mean Christmas day (just covering all the bases here :)

For most circumstances, a car service (where *they* drive, not you) could be a good idea for 4 people, and almost without exception, driving a car into central London in peak rush hour is not advised (to put it mildly !!) , but there are always exceptions, and without a teeny bit more detail, or the folks here developing psychic powers, some more detail is needed :-)

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
603 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 121 Car Hire.

Okay, more detail . . .

arriving 6:30 am on Sunday December 13. Hotel is Premier Inn County Hall. Children are 11 yrs and 8 yrs. Will only be in London 3 days on our way to Egypt. I'm trying to decide between taking public transportation or hiring a car to drive us. Could leave a lot of our luggage at Heathrow if that's an option, as we are flying out just a few days later. We won't be able to check in to our hotel at that time of day. But am assuming we can leave our luggage at our hotel and began to explore London.

Thanks for any help.