We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat around holiday inn regents park

u.k
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat around holiday inn regents park

Can anyone recommend somewhere near here for a full english breakfast and also a restaurant for an evening meal not to far away.Thanks.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat around holiday inn regents park

I've not had a full English in Bloomsbury but you shouldn't have trouble finding one... get away from the main streets and you should find plenty of small backstreet cafes, for some reason the Italian run ones seem to do the best breakfasts. If you're not having much luck, then there is a Carluccios Caffe at the Brunswick, within about 8-10 mins walk south of your hotel. They don't do full English breakfasts as such, but they come close with a dish of scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomato and toast. They usually do nice quality food with good coffee.

www.carluccios.com/caffes/the-brunswick

For dinner, you don't mention budget or what kind of cuisine you like, but in the same area there is a Pho (vietnamese), Vapiano (pasta and pizza), Ping Pong (Dim Sum), Harry Morgans (deli style cafe), Strada (Italian), Leon (cafe) and Soho Japan (Japanese). There is also Ragam (Indian) on Cleveland Street and Back to Basics (seafood) on Foley Street. Back to Basics is probably the pick of all these.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
752 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat around holiday inn regents park

Try this link. Enter the postal code of you hotel at the upper right and you can find a list of all the restaurants (ar almost anything else) near to your hotel. I've found this quite helpful when going to London. I hope you shall as well.

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/uk.html

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,051 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat around holiday inn regents park

The HI Regent's Park is west of Tottenham Court Road on Carburton Street, Canucks, so Brunswick Centre is a bit of a hike from the hotel.

I usually stay in self catering places when in that area, but there are a handful of cafes and restos in the streets between Carburton Street and Charlotte Street / Tottenham Court Road. Villandry on Great Portland Street will offer v nice but rather pricey meals; for a proper caff try the Sky Cafe on Hanson Street just south of the junction with New Cavendish Street.

There are a couple of cafes near Great Portland Street station; I've not been in but they always seem to have a few people sitting inside, so could be worth a go. There's a slightly manky Tesco Express near the station and a newer not at all manky Sainsbury's Local on Great Portland Street if you'd like to do a bit of self catering.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,051 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat around holiday inn regents park

The HI Regent's Park is west of Tottenham Court Road on Carburton Street, Canucks, so Brunswick Centre is a bit of a hike from the hotel.

I usually stay in self catering places when in that area, but there are a handful of cafes and restos in the streets between Carburton Street and Charlotte Street / Tottenham Court Road. Villandry on Great Portland Street will offer v nice but rather pricey meals; for a proper caff try the Sky Cafe on Hanson Street just south of the junction with New Cavendish Street.

There are a couple of cafes near Great Portland Street station; I've not been in but they always seem to have a few people sitting inside, so could be worth a go. There's a slightly manky Tesco Express near the station and a newer not at all manky Sainsbury's Local on Great Portland Street if you'd like to do a bit of self catering.

Try the Fish Bone on Cleveland Street as well, it's quite good.

Edited: 06 December 2009, 21:29
Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat around holiday inn regents park

I'm sorry, I'm getting my Carluccios mixed up. (He has so many). The Brunswick one is a hike... I was thinking of another which is virtually next door to Pho, I think it's Great Tichfield Street, or Margaret Street and that one is within about 8 mins walk. Apologies to the OP.

6. Re: Places to eat around holiday inn regents park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2010, 05:23