We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

could you work me bus route out

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull City Of...
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
could you work me bus route out

hi

a bit short notice i am in kings cross tomorrow 1 day and i need to be at Hamleys then fortnums then sloane street and onto liecester square

then back to kings cross could you help me with a bus route to cover these. we can walk a bit but are seniors with bus passes so it makes sense i know you pick up across the road from st pancress

thanks nobby

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: could you work me bus route out

Nobby,

There's a great journey planner at teh Transport for London web site -

www.tfl.gov.uk

Just plug in the post codes of the stores and select buses from the options and it should do the rest.

Or just hang on and some kind sould will be along soon to tell you the answer. I'm cooking a risotto at the moment, so can't get too distracted.....

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: could you work me bus route out

From KX to Regent Street (Hamleys) take bus #390 or #73, get off at Great Titchfield Street and walk down Regent Street to get to Hamleys

From Hamley's to Fortnum and Mason you can either walk or take any of the buses 12, 159, 94, 6, 23, 15 to Piccadilly Circus and then walk to F&M.

From F&M to Sloane Street, walk to Old Bond Street and take bus #19 or #22. They go down Sloane Street but keep in mind that F&M is almost next door to Leicester Square so you might wish to alter your itinerary a bit.

Where exactly in Sloane Street will you be?

From Leicester Square to KX, I think that the best would be to take bus #29 from Stop L (towards Wood Green), get off at Goodge Street Station, take bus #73 from stop A which will take you straight to KX.

Edited: 07 December 2009, 20:29
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: could you work me bus route out

This one is easy. All links are at below.

From either stop A or stop R take any of the numbers 10 towards Hammersmith, 73 towards Victoria or 390 towards Notting Hill Gate. I prefer to board at stop R as most people going to KX alight there with stop A often crowded with those from St Pancras or who've used the subway under the Euston Road from KX.

Anyway. Any of those three buses to Oxford Street. The easiest way (this is how I do it) to make one's way to Hamley's is to alight at stop OS for the 390 or OR for the others just west of Oxford Circus, cross the road to stop OE at DH Evans and take any of the 6 or 13 towards Aldwych or the 15 towards Blackwall. Alight at Conduit Street for Hamley's.

From Hamley's they could walk to Fortnums - none of the buses along Regent Street zip around Piccadilly Circus then along Piccadilly (buses which will travel along Piccadilly make their way along Shaftesbury Avenue) - the walk may well be quicker than the bus ride.

From F&M to Sloane Street it's a straight shot on either the number 19 towards Battersea Bridge or the 22 towards Putney Common. The 19 towards Finsbury Park is the one to take for the journey back towards Leicester Square, as it travels along Shaftesbury Avenue, as near as they'll get. The alternative is to take the C1 from Sloane Square to Victoria then hop on a 24 towards Hampstead Heath, as it travels along Charing X Road and calls near Leicester Square station, but it's a fiddly journey and one they may not wish to make after a day out.

If they want to travel from Leicester Square to KX .... hm. Ah. Take either the 24 towards Hampstead Heath as above or the 29 towards Wood Green from Charing X Road. Alight at the stop for Goodge Street station and wait at that stop for a 10, 73 or 390 to KX. Note that the 10 terminates at KX so the driver may call at a stop not marked for the 10 so he can have all the pax alight then shoot around to York Way to start the return journey.

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…kingscross-2150.pdf

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…oxfordcircusdr-day-2199.pdf

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…piccadillycircusquad-2206.pdf

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…leicestersquare-10899.pdf

Edited: 07 December 2009, 20:34
Hull City Of...
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: could you work me bus route out

thats just fine thanks to you all

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: could you work me bus route out

You are very welcome! :-)

Hull City Of...
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: could you work me bus route out

so what about leicester square to sloane square on the bus

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: could you work me bus route out

There are two choices here, depending on the start point from Leicester Square.

Choice A would be to walk to Shaftesbury Avenue and take the number 19 towards Battersea Bridge (stop W, I think, between Frith Street and Dean Street), as it circles around Sloane Square on its way to Battersea.

Choice B is to take the 24 towards Pimlico from stop J near Cranbourn Street. The 24 shoots along Whitehall and around Parliament Square - a view I always like - then on towards Victoria station. If you choose this route, alight at stop M just east of Victoria but don't head towards the station. Walk straight along Victoria street to stop G (link below) where the C1 towards White City will call - it too circles Sloane Square before heading along Sloane Street towards Knightsbridge.

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…victoria-2277.pdf

8. Re: could you work me bus route out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2010, 06:16