We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trinity Square

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Trinity Square

I am also looking at an apartment on Trinity Square, for May, and wondered if anyone has stayed in this area. It seems close to the Tower Hill tube.

So I was hoping there were buses around there and some shops, groceries, restaurants.

I have also considered a flat on Tooley Street on the other side of the river but I am thinking this would be a better location and eliminate walking over the bridge and saving some of our energy for later.

Please let me know what you think

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trinity Square

Trinity Square is a nice enough location, I think. I remember several Trip Advisor visitors staying there over the past year or so.

It's only drawback is that it's in the City - the financial district of London - so becomes a bit of a backwater out of office hours, and isn't particularly crowded round with supermarkets (though there is a Tesco Metro on Eastcheap, about half a mile west of there, and also a mini Sainsbury's on Fenchurch Street, about the same distance WNW. Apart from Tower Bridge and the Tower of London, most of the touristy attractions are two or three miles further west. It is, though, as you say, on top of Tower Hill tube station, and is handy for Tower Pier if you fancy a boat trip to Greenwich.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trinity Square

If the app looks over Trinity Square then that will be the slightly better location. As Nick says it is in the City so what few shops there are around there shut at the weekends. It is never quiet as it is always full of tourists. Tooley Street is much busier and full of shops and restaurants (and more tourists) Both give you good access to Westminster and the other main sights.

If you like seeing the sights by walking, then Tooley Street is the better location and walking over Tower Bridge is an experience not to be missed.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trinity Square

I would definitely go for Tooley Street! You will have Borough Market and Marks & Spencer Food for all your foody needs. There are more restaurants that will be open later than in the City and IMHO the transport links are much better (London Bridge Stn and the RV1 bus which goes direct to Covent Garden and the London Eye).

I stayed in a flat in Hays Galleria for business purposes for six months and loved the area.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trinity Square

I'd choose Trinity Square over Tooley Street every time.

There's a Tesco Express store about a 5-minute walk away on 90 Mansell Street for basic groceries and it's open until 10 pm every night except Sundays. It's also a 5-minute walk to St Katherine's Dock which has plenty of restaurants

http://www.skdocks.co.uk/

But basically it's easier to get into town by underground. London Bridge station is very busy and confusing.

Tooley Street is OK - and I really like Hays Galleria there - but I'd choose Trinity Square which is quieter.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trinity Square

> a flat in Hays Galleria <

I used to have use of a flat there. It was very convenient, but the noise from the plaza used to drive me nuts.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trinity Square

Gee until today everyone seemed to say Trinity Square and now it seems to be Tooley Street.

Guess I really can't go wrong.

The only thing that worried me about Tooley Street was if you had to walk across the bridge and back every day to catch transportation.

My husband isn't a bad walker but I wanted to try to conserve as much distance as possible so he makes it through the day.

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trinity Square

If you choose Tooley Street, London Bridge station is close by (no need to cross the Thames every day!) with very good connections to anywhere in London.

However, I would still go for Trinity Square (I'm biased, I live nearby) because it is a pleasant area. Yes, it is in the financial district and a bit dead at night and at weekends, but that has its advantages, ie, it's quiet!

Again, Tower Hill and Tower Gateway stations are a short walk away, with easy access.

There are some great places to eat and drink in St Katherine's Dock which is about 10 minutes walk from the square.

Basically, both places are fine, but different.

Good luck!

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,199 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trinity Square

Yes, you can choose either busy with tourists, possibly noisy, or quiet at night and weekends. Transport is good for both.

Both of them are walking distance from Borough Market. I stayed near the Tower once and we walked to the market, no problem.

Dothan, AL
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trinity Square

We just returned from London and stayed at 12 Trinity Square. We were very pleased with the location. It was quiet but had plenty of pubs & restaurants nearby, including several in the building under the apartments. We were able to walk minutes to the tube and be anywhere very quickly. Plus there are many sites within walking distance. The view of the Tower of London from the apartment was cool! Would definitely stay there again. You can read more about the location on the websites.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trinity Square

Oh, for heavens sake - why do that? I'm sure your apartment is lovely, and many people here have already agreed that Trinity Square is a fine location to stay, so there's just no need to post a bit of self-promotion - it tarnishes a good product, and makes people think it's in the same category as some of the frauds.