We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare/restaurants/afternoon tea

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
808 posts
228 reviews
Save Topic
taxi fare/restaurants/afternoon tea

Hi does anyone know the approx cost of a taxis from st pancras rail station to two hyde park square. having looked at the map - it does look far but this can be very deceptive. Is there a basic fare per mile etc.

Also, our there any nice restaurants near two hyde park square.

Additionally, nearest really nice place for afternoon tea.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,629 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fare/restaurants/afternoon tea

Fares are not calculated in a straight forward way as time is involved as well as distance. I'd say £10-£13 as a guesstimate.

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…1140.aspx

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fare/restaurants/afternoon tea

for tea suggestions,type in "afternoon tea"in the search box and you will find all kinds of places and prices to suit your tastes and budget.

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
808 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fare/restaurants/afternoon tea

How does the tips bit work?

Do they automatically expect a tip?

If so how much?

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fare/restaurants/afternoon tea

I usually tip the cabbies a pound or two depending on the distance. Only once I gave a very generous tip (it was over £5), when he got us to the theatre before the curtain rose in a very (very) short amount of time. He basically saved our evening!

London cabbies are the best!

Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fare/restaurants/afternoon tea

For Taxi fares try this handy site:

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/london?to=hyde+park+square&from=kings+cross+st+pancras&time=19-25&phone_booking=

I'd say adamhornets guess is pretty spot on.

6. Re: taxi fare/restaurants/afternoon tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 06:16