We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

Hi - i have been undecided all day about which tickets to book for lion king on sunday and over the course of today theres been more and more ava on ticketmaster site, i eventually decided just to book and rang my mam to tell her and she said i was crazy paying £58 per ticket ( x 3 = lots of £££) she said if i go on the day i will get them half price - which has thrown a spanner in my works now dont know what to do?? Have you managed to get good tickets cheaper on the day and where do you get them or have you tryed and ended up missing out on tickets???? please please help my heads done in lol

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

bump - please any replies - my heads spinning trying to decide if i should book or wait - havent done this before

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

http://www.tkts.co.uk/ is the official half-price ticket booth at Leicester Square

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

thanks greenichnick you have been so helpful over the last few days!!! i have checked the tkts site and selling @ full price today do you know if this is normal or if we would have a good chance get reduced tickets sunday!!!!!

denmark
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

My Wife and I went to the theater on the day and got a great deal on some fanastic seats.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

I think if it's a popular show, the Tkts booth doesn't get many/any half price ones to sell.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

thanks poncho - was this for the lion king or another show?

London, England
Level Contributor
8,071 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

You may be lucky and get 'returns' on the day, but obviously can't be relied upon.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

ok bit the bullet - booked - can now look forward to show,,,,,,,, hope i picked good seats lol xx

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

Hi Belek I share your dilemma - I was in the same difficulty when 4 of us went to New York last year and wanted to go to 2 shows. It was expensive and I thought "what if we could get it half price" ... but I booked full price because we wanted two shows - and those shows only. We wanted reasonable seats and were only there for 6 nights so could not wait around.

I thought that the expense of the seats was worth it - we went to the shows that we wanted and had a great time.

I think that the half price tickets are fine if it doesn't really matter which show you go to - I would love to get the opportunity to use them one day, but for our trip in March we have paid full price for 2 shows. Over £200 for 4 tickets, but I am pretty sure we will have a good time.

Bullet biting feels good to me. Enjoy your show. The memories will stay with you forever. :)

London, England
Level Contributor
8,071 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sucess - or unsucessful tickets on the day for lion king

You will enjoy the show. I had no desire to see it, but my partners daughter was going to emigrate to Australia last year and it was something she wanted to see before she left London.

We all enjoyed it immensely.