We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant decisions....

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant decisions....

HELLO.. seeing Jersery Boys in London in March looking to make reservations @ a nearby restaurant & have narrowed it down to 4 yet still need alittle help. My choices are

1. Arbutus

2. French House

3. Incognico

4. Dean St.Townhouse & Grill

any suggestions?which one would be closer to the Prince Edward Theatre?or are they all pretty close??

Many Thanks

coco45

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant decisions....

All four restaurants are very close to the theatre - it's really a question of which menu appeals to you the most.

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant decisions....

thanks, well I'm open to any menu..would like a place that has good food/drinks and that it has a buzz.. TRENDY,UPSCALE..not worried about prices.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,890 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant decisions....

Little to choose between these, if that's what you are looking for.

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant decisions....

not sure what u mean? are these are not good choices for restaurants? do u perhaps have any other suggestions that would be walking distance to the Prince Edward Theatre? I'm staying @ the Covent garden Hotel.Well the restaurant doesn't have to be TRENDy yet great food/wine & atmosphere..

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,351 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant decisions....

guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/jan/31/jay-…

That's Jay Rayner's view of the Dean Street Townhouse from last Sunday's Observer. I would quibble with him a bit because I very much dislike lightly cooked fish (and the picture in the review offers what I think looks quite tasty) but it's rather chacun á son gout in that regard.

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant decisions....

how about this ...has anyone been to any one of these restaurants that could offer a review or any other GEMS in the neighbourhood ?

many thanks

coco45

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,329 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant decisions....

"Little to choose between them" means that any of these four would fit your description closely.

I haven't been to any of them for dinner, only lunch.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,890 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant decisions....

Hi

It's fairly unlikely that any of us will have been to all of them in the recent past. They are all quite nice restaurants with (mostly) reasonable reviews. Jay Rayner is my favourite critic, so following that review I would probably give Dean Street a miss.

My favourite (and I haven't been to them all) is Incognico. Don't let indecision spoil the experience, in the end my opinion of a restaurant or what constitutes good food may differ from yours, Jay Rayner's, or other TA posters. It is only one meal, so at some point you need to take a chance. I have seen reviews of restaurants and hotels which directly contradict my own experience, so we are talking opinions here, not absolutes.

Relax and enjoy!

London
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurant decisions....

I thought Arbutus a dreadful let down. Nowwhere near as good as its sister restaurant Wild Honey.

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurant decisions....

thank u all for the helpful hints...I will try them all ,nothing too lose

coco45