We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Express now offering "Check In" at Paddington

Anywhere But Here
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Heathrow Express now offering "Check In" at Paddington

heathrowexpress.com/Home/Checkinatpaddington

Heathrow Express is now offering "Check in" at Paddington, for those flying on:

American Airlines

Iberia

Delta

United Airlines

Finnair

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Express now offering "Check In" at Paddington

There's a blast from the past this was there years ago, then went away a few years back.

I recall an occasion at least 15 years ago, American Airlines into the US, possibly Dallas, ( I think they may have had a similar thing at Victoria and the Dallas flights left from Gatwick then) , there was an announcement about an hour before landing "for all those who used checkin at the train station, sorry but your luggage didn't make it". I guess they made that just before landing to avoid dealing with annoyed customers for the entire flight :-)

2. Re: Heathrow Express now offering "Check In" at Paddington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 February 2010, 20:08
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,034 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Express now offering "Check In" at Paddington

BA stopped using check in facilities at Paddington in 2003.

independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/che…

London, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Express now offering "Check In" at Paddington

Is this service similar to the one in Hong Kong where you can check-in, drop your bags at the station several hours before your flight, go wander around the city for a bit, then come back to the station to catch your train to the airport?

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Express now offering "Check In" at Paddington

I read that page as saying you still have to carry your luggage with you on the train to the airport and take it to someone there. Not sure what this gets you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow Express now offering "Check In" at Paddington

I agree with Nick. You still have to take your luggage to Heathrow yourself. All you're doing at Paddington is checking in for the flight, selecting your seats and printing the boarding pass. Once at Heathrow, you then have to go to the bag drop to check in your luggage.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow Express now offering "Check In" at Paddington

The only advantage I can see is for people who don't have luggage, and don't have access to internet check-in, and are staying near Paddington. They can go to the Heathrow Express counters and check-in, and presumably then get to spend an hour or so longer in London instead of at the airport, although a fair bit of that hour will be taken up by getting from Paddington to somewhere interesting, and then back to board the train.

8. Re: Heathrow Express now offering "Check In" at Paddington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 07:18